Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Throwback Wednesday

Good Morning to you!  It is a beautiful, albeit cold, day here today and the skies are blue.  We still have about 4" of snow on the ground, but no snow is forecast for today.
As I was gazing outside this morning, this song popped into my head-it's always been one of my favorite songs from my youth. You will no doubt remember it and it will probably get stuck in your head as well as mine.  I remember walking around my high school and college campus singing it.  I also played it on my guitar as well.  John Denver was always one of my favorite singers.
Sunshine on my Shoulders by John Denver
Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high

If I had a day that I could give you
I'd give to you the day just like today
If I had a song that I could sing for you
I'd sing a song to make you feel this way

[Chorus]

If I had a tale that I could tell you
I'd tell a tale sure to make you smile
If I had a wish that I could wish for you
I'd make a wish for sunshine for all the while.





I am starting to feel better each day; I even called into the doctor today to find out about the CTscans.  I think having this surgery and recovery hanging over me makes me stomach a nervous wreck.  It is always the anticipation of something that can frighten us more than the actual event.
I've got grands coming over for sewing today-yippee! I've missed them and haven't seen them in over two weeks due to this cold.  I hope you are avoiding the colds and flu bugs and enjoying life in your neck of the woods.
Blessings to you!
Noreen

8 comments:

  1. I have always loved that song, and the pure tone of his voice singing it!! Yay! It will be playing in my head all day...which is good because we have had days and days of an overcast sky!! So strange for my area! I have an ortho appt for the 22 for my knee! Woohoo!!

    Praying for you sweetie!
    Love you bunches!
    Beck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with the grands today. Praying for you for the upcoming surgery, too.
    I love John Denver and was lucky enough to see him when he was first getting started. I just adored him. So sad that he was gone so soon. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love me some John Denver! We're "scheduled" for sunshine tomorrow. Yes, surgery of any type can rattle the nerves. Mom says we have to be smart patients and question everything!



    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you have sun and try and take each day as it comes. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you had fun with the grands today. So cool you get to spend time with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my goodness, that song evokes all kinds of memories for me. Loved John Denver!

    ReplyDelete
  7. J.D.--still my favorite musician. You can imagine what I songs were going through my head when I finally got to Colorado!

    I've had a few surgeries (none recently thank heavens) and researching what to expect and how best to recover really helped. I think knowledge is power!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too, am a huge John Denver fan. I saw him several times in concert and enjoyed every minute. As much as I loved his music, I always thought their was a certain sadness to him. We haven't had any sunshine in such a long time, I've, almost forgotten what it feels like. Sweet words, though.
    Glad you are starting to feel better. Colds can really hold on for way too long. I agree with you, the anticipation of the surgery causes a stomach to be tied up in knots. Try to hang on to the thought, that you are going to feel better when all is said and done.
    I know you enjoyed your grands today.
    Gus' Mom

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14