Thursday, January 15, 2015

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful that we have sunshine and blue skies again. I am thankful that tomorrow is supposed to get up to the high 50's.  I am thankful for seasons of life~yesterday I mentioned one of my all time favorite songs; that was the season in my late teens and early twenties.  I was into everything that was Folk.  I was a folk dancer, taught some P.E. classes at my high school and loved it.  Every day at lunch, a group would gather to dance and several times during the week I would attend different groups or lessons-Friday night was dancing at Stanford University.  I think when I started working and my girlfriends that I danced with moved away, I stopped going.  A big mistake on my part.  One of those friends still dances and goes to Hungary several times a year to spend a month dancing.  The other area I loved was music and I was all about Folk Music and playing guitar.  I met Joan Baez in high school and even corresponded with her for a short while.  My best friend and I would play at Open Mike at a coffee shop; lest you think I was good-I wasn't, but she carried us.
I loved John Denver!!  I saw him in concert once; his music was so incredible. I think that is when I decided I would love to live in Colorado.  It only took me 40 years to move here, but here we are.
I gave up my guitar when I had my girls-it was just one of those things that went by the wayside. 
I know I could take it up again, but now that I have grandsons that play I listen to them.  That was the season of adventure and experiencing new things.  I am so thankful for that time and for my best friend then that kept me out of some serious trouble. I am thankful for angels watching over me during those years of wandering.  I am thankful for Redemption.  I am so thankful for the man of my dreams that I finally snagged after years of knowing him-my hubby was another life saver for me.
I am thankful that I now call Colorado my home, with all it's beauty and the continual change of weather.  There is a saying(I'm sure in most snowy areas)that if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes and it will change-this is so true of our lovely state.  I am so thankful for my daughters; God knew I needed them before I ever did.  They are best friends and confidants; my strength and the reminder of all that is good.  I am also overwhelmed by the love of God to give me 11 daily reminders of His love in my grands.  The joy they bring is indescribable. 
I am thankful-o.k. maybe not as much as I should be, that I got my CTscans scheduled for next Tuesday.  I am thankful that within a month the surgery should be a thing of the past and I should be on the road to healing.
I am thankful for the wonderful friends here in Co.-Kam, my bff, all the gals from church and bible study and of course my family and friends back in Ca. I am so thankful for all the friends, like you, that I've made from blogging. Your support, love, friendship and prayers have meant so much to me. Life is good and I for one plan on living a long time, enjoying every day!
Whatever you have going on today, remember to give thanks!
Joy to you~
Noreen

7 comments:

  1. That was a truly lovely post and we agree that if you look at things and see the good there is much to be thankful for. We are so happy for you that you have so much to be thankful for. Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots and lots to be thankful for! Wow, you were very close to a folk music legend!!!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. 50 tomorrow? You are sooo lucky! Will only be in the upper 20s here in Michigan.
    I love folk too but my husband is one of the original folk lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is wonderful to hear your upbeat and happy voice back again! There is so much to be thankful for, when we stop and think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful thankful list. Praying here for a complete healing, that God would give you peace and comfort you over these coming days. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't done a lot of blogging this week so I have missed your last several posts...all caught up now. I have had you on my heart frequently and have lifted you many times in prayer. I will be glad when this is all behind you as well sweet friend. I am thinking you will be surprised that the recovery is not as bad as you fear. You are well loved and will be well cared for no doubt. I found this last post soo interesting. You play guitar and sang etc. So many talents! Soo fun to find out more about our blogging friends isn't it. My hubby LOVES folk music and loved a lot of the singers you mentioned. Hope your cold is MUCH better now. HUGS to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's going to be 50 here this weekend, too. I'll be inside, though, on the pool deck, watching my grands swim. I'll miss being outside, but then again, I wouldn't miss time watching my grands swim for anything - not even 50 degree weather in the middle of winter. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14