Friday, January 2, 2015

The Beginnings

Happy Friday Friends! I hope you had an enjoyable day yesterday and were able to enjoy your favorite things. Just wanted to share what our temps have been like here in Northern Colorado. Can we say cold! I know it was warmer this morning, but still cold.
Even though it was so cold, by lunch time the sun was shining and Hunter decided to sit outside on the cushion-less love seat. Silly pup! We figured he was just trying to enjoy some sunshine. We had Lily over for New Year's Eve and they played, as well as spent a lot of time outside wandering the yard. I think Lily does this more than Hunter. At one point, we had to close the doggy door for fear of them getting too cold.
For the last week, hubby's antique laptop has been having problems with his screen~it was so dark, he couldn't see the icons. He tried everything we know to lighten it up and it wouldn't. Knowing it is so old, we got it the first Christmas we were here, I pushed yesterday to go get him a new laptop. We both are dependent on ours and I knew I didn't want to give up mine. I know that isn't the right attitude, but felt it was time to get him a new one. When he travels to golf tournaments, he'd have a good one that he could take with him. So I put in calls to our two daughters asking their opinions. Immediately, I got two responses back that were the same recommendation-a MacBook Air. Although we have a mini IPad and two IPhones, our computers have always been Microsoft type computers. Our girls have been telling us about Apple computers and we own Apple stock, so why not look at this particular laptop. Long story short-it was more than I thought we'd pay, but secure in knowing the quality. Here it is.
We are so very grateful that we have son-in-laws that will help us with technology when we need it.
Brent came over yesterday to walk hubby through setting it up and getting used to the differences.  This morning hubby set up all his favorites and seems to have a handle on it.  It is so light and will be easy to use when we travel.  Speaking of traveling, we are heading to Charleston, SC this May to meet our best friends from Ca.  We will only spend a week, but they may spend some additional time there.  Any of you out there in that area, be sure to let me know your favorite places to see.  We were there 21 yrs ago with our girls and really fell in love with Hilton Head Island.  We will definitely want to visit some of the plantations and mansions.  We have toured the Magnolia Plantation and loved it.
Today is another easy day, the only commitment is hubby's work party this evening; I'm hoping that the employees don't come sick-there is so much flu going around.
Blessings on your day and your weekend.
HOPE for the journey!
Noreen

17 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for visiting our blog!

    My hubby and I share a computer - I'm always torn on whether or not I want to add another one to the house.

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noreen, so nice to meet you and thanks so much for stopping by this morning. Burrr........it's so cold where you are. We were at 31 yesterday and I nearly froze all day long. All in what you get use to I guess. And, I just don't know if I want to get an Apple computer or not when the time comes. We both have Ipads and Iphones and I'm sure that would help in the "learning curve" but.......... Oh, and Charleston is "all that and a bag of chips." We went 3 years ago and absolutely loved it. I need to go back and look at my pictures and recommend some stuff to you. Blessing on this new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is going to love his Mac. I just got a new one and love it. Having used a Mac at work I knew that is what I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noreen, You will be so ready for a trip to S.C. when this winter's gone. Bless your heart. I admire your husband getting his new laptop up and running so quickly. Wishing you a warm up soon. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hunter looks so cute sitting on the sofa....I have a macbook pro and my hubby just got an Apple Air and we both love our apples...Once you get used to it, I don't think you will ever look back. We haven't...Stay warm....

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're having Internet troubles over here. Yes, it is cold but colder at your house. Think spring!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  7. He will love that MacBook!! I couldn't do without mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Noreen! Although it is not nearly as cold here as where you are, we have certainly had our coldest temps since Jan 2013. It has been 26-28 at night and in the upper 40's during the day! We, in Phoenix, Mesa, Gilbert, had snow on New Year's Eve! Can you believe that! I have refused to turn my heat on in the house, it was 57 in here when I got up yesterday, so I opted for a tiny electric heater in the LR just to take the chill off! Anyway, decorations are down, need to go to garage but I've been too cold (whimpy me). Tomorrow it is suppose to warm up to about 55 so I'm sure I'll get it all done then. Praying your new year is filled with blessings. BTW: my employer LOVES her MAC!! I'm sure your hubby will too!! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! It's cold and rainy here, so I'm finally cleaning off my desk. Hope the new "puter" works well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miggs is the same as am I anything to catch some rays from the sun lol ! It is cold and damp here still no snow but a mix of rain snow over the entire weekend for us YUK ! Glad you are happy with lap top . We have lap tops and they are Dell but we use our PC'S mostly Hubs uses his Ipad when out and about he is my techy nerd lol . Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that it was even colder down there than up here. The lowest we saw on our thermometer was -18.

    I love my Macbook, and I hope your husband's works out well. Macs are so intuitive.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I switched to Mac a couple of years ago (I have a Macbook Pro) and love it. It wasn't too hard to adjust. The biggest plus is it's so lightweight...like Nancy, I'll never go back hope you stay warm

    ReplyDelete
  13. We thought about getting a Macbook when we replaced my laptop. We just weren't ready for the learning curve ... probably the next laptop will be a Macbook.

    Now that is cold.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got my first Mac 3.5 years ago and I am totally in love. I can't imagine ever having a PC before. The temperature has been the same here. It will get worse before better unfortunately. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Burr..... We are not apple people but I hear good things about them. I too wouldn't want to give up my computer so I know exactly what you meant. Hope your party was fun. So many company's have them early in December, surprised they had theirs after Christmas.
    Happy Weekend to you......Debby

    ReplyDelete
  16. Technology is always challenging! Never had a Mac and found your post interesting. Happy New Year; wishing you blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE that new computer!! I am enjoying my new ipad Air2 and I recently got a Toshiba laptop...as much as I really would have loved the MacBook...I knew I wanted to upgrade my ipad so I went with the lower priced laptop. Hunter looks so cute there!! I was just checking out RV Resorts in Hilton Head...we usually go to Myrtle Beach, but I have always wanted to see Hilton Head. Have fun on your trip!! Always exciting to go on a trip somewhere!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14