Thursday, January 8, 2015

Steadfast Heart by Tracie Peterson review


"Lenore Fulcher isn't pretentious despite her spoiled upbringing. Her deepest desire at the age of twenty is to find true love. However, her father believes she's wasted enough time searching for a suitable husband, and he wants to marry her off to one of his business partners--thirty-seven-year-old James Rybus. But the idea of marriage to a man so much older is out of the question for Lenore.
Kolbein Booth, a lawyer from Chicago, arrives in Seattle looking for his headstrong sister who he believes may have answered an advertisement for mail-order brides. Sick with worry, he storms the Madison Bridal School, demanding to see his sister, only to learn she isn't there. But Lenore Fulcher is, and something about her captures his attention.
Is this the man Lenore has been searching for? She may not have long to find out..."

I have always enjoyed this author and this book didn't disappoint me.  Having been to Seattle several years ago and seeing the underground streets near the water, I could envision this location.  The characters were well developed and there was enough intrigue to keep me guessing as to what was going to happen next.  Lenore's best friend Abrianna is compassionate with just enough stubborness thrown in to make her adventures interesting, as well as dangerous.
I am looking forward to the next book in the series, to find out what happens to Abrianna.
Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing, provided me with this book for my honest review.  I have received no compensation.
If you are a follower on my blog and would like to a chance to receive this book, leave me a comment.  I will draw a name tomorrow.

Noreen
 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Noreen! I'm just getting back to blogging, and yours is the first one up! Nice review, and I would love to read this book! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Tracie's books!! I would a chance to read this one (even if I don't win the book, I'll get it for sure!!)

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. I did a review too. I liked the book however the book focused on Abrianna rather than the main character. However I did like Abriannas character and her spunk. Overall not a bad book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not read a book written by this author. Would love the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good read!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14