Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Love Of The Spud

Happy Tuesday Friends!  Yesterday I tried a new Crock Pot recipe, it is called Chicken & Sweet Potato Stew.  When I went to the grocery store, I saw a bin of purple Sweet Potatoes; I have never seen these before and thought why not give them a try. I will say the flesh is so pretty and the taste was mild.  I meant to show all the steps of putting this recipe together, but my cold got the better of me.  The recipe calls for sweet potatoes as well as Yukon Gold potatoes; I happened to get a bag of potatoes that has red, yellow and purple potatoes in it. 
Here are the potatoes all mixed together-I think they
look very nice.  You add these to cut up chicken pieces, a large can of stewed tomatoes and some salt, pepper, paprika, cinnamon and nutmeg.  I also meant to take a photo of it dished up,but alas didn't get to it. 
My hubby is not one who likes sweet potatoes on a regular basis and he really doesn't like stewed tomatoes, so it was a positive thing when he said he liked it and it was a repeat. I wasn't sure about the cinnamon and nutmeg but it was just a hint of flavor. You are supposed to sprinkle fresh basil on it, but it is winter here so that wasn't going to happen.
I hope you have a great day today; we are supposed to get up to 50 degrees-whoopee, it's  almost bathing suit weather. 
Blessings,
Noreen

9 comments:

  1. That sound delish!
    I use the crock pot a lot over the winter months. We are sitting at 12 degrees

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks pretty! We are fans of sweet potatoes!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noreen, When I was young, I never knew potatoes came in so many colors. LOL. I like sweet potatoes too. Blessings for a good day. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a real pretty dish, (it wasn't until a couple of years ago I knew there were purple potatoes) crock pot recipes are always a favorite here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great however I don't like sweet potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Purple sweet potatoes are something I didn't see until last year, and you're right about the flavor, and they add color to any dish -- And spud anything, I love! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love those potatoes and have tried them before!! Hope you are feeling better Noreen! Hugs to Hunter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds yummy. I do love sweet potatoes. My husband is not a fan either but I've been baking them, then mashing them and he has liked them.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14