Greetings to you today! While on a walk on Monday, I happened to see these fungi underneath a tree. Now, we often see mushrooms in the lawn, but I've never seen this site before. In fact, it reminded me of a Fairie garden that many girls and ladies create. I just thought it was enchanting, but not enough to let the dogs near it.
I am aware of how dangerous mushrooms can be to dogs and children, as my oldest daughter scared her momma to death when she was a toddler. I was never sure if she ate the mushroom, but at 2 yrs old, one doesn't take chances. I so remember having to use Syrup of Epapac and trying to get her to vomit. I remember crying and feeling like such a bad mom; I can say that she didn't have any in her stomach thankfully. Even though I admired the uniqueness of this patch of fungi, I do prefer the plastic ones.
On another subject, I wonder if any of you who lose followers to your blog, wonder about those who have left. I have yet to figure out who has left, just see my numbers drop and wish I knew who and why. Life gets so crazy and I try to get around to visit, but often don't-I'd just hate to lose friends if I could avoid it. Guess it's just the world of blogging.
I hope you have a wonderful day and have signs of autumn in your area.
Nature Friday - At the Feeder
39 minutes ago