Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A Change in Plans

Happy Wednesday to you!  Our snow is back and it is so pretty; I'm thankful that I can stay inside today.  Yesterday was one of those interesting days for me, a day when you have your feet knocked out from under you, emotionally, and your head won't stop spinning.  First thing in the morning, I headed to our Women's Clinic to have an abdominal ultrasound; I had been having some issues over the last month that we needed to find out about.  The beginning of the ultrasound was good, but then it turned out I have some cysts on one of my ovaries.  O.k.  I got home and within ten minutes my Gyn/nurse practitioner was calling me, quite concerned. Long story short, I headed back to the Clinic for blood work, genetic testing and ended up meeting my new doctor.  The long and the short of it is that I am going to be having a hysterectomy within the next 3+ weeks-which is not only soon, but has made us cancel some getaways.  Normally I wouldn't worry about having one, except that I will not be having a Lazer one but will be opened up.  I am not one to share a lot here, but I have a specific reason for doing so.  I'm going to be 63 this March and this is a major surgery; I have had two Csections, but that was 33 yrs ago. I'm hoping that one of my readers has gone through this surgery at or near my age, so I know just what to expect.  I love my doctor, but she has told me it is a rough recovery. At this point, I am not going to share any of the concerns we have concerning this, but feel that many may understand the implications.  I also know how caring the blogging community is and your support will help me get through this and all the uncertainties to follow.  One thing I stand secure in is that My God will be right by my side, every step of the way.  He will not fail me or forsake me.  
Tomorrow I will have a book review and be giving my readers a chance at winning the book.
Hopeful,
Noreen

17 comments:

  1. You know I'm praying, dear friend. The only abdominal surgery I had were 2 c-sections back in the day (1974 and 1975) so I can't help you with what kind of recovery you can expect. Hopefully with your hubby and your daughters there to help, you can take it easy and heal fully. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be in my thoughts and prayers that this will be an easy surgery with a quick recovery time. We're all here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Golden Thoughts in your up coming health procedure. We will be thinking, Golden LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you healing thoughts. Remaining positive is a key in recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry that you have have to tackle this now Noreen but please know I will be praying for you and if you need to talk I am here...I did have this kind of surgery but I was 34 years old. It was more difficult to get over than I had expected but I think much of that was my concern over my kids which were only 5and 8 at the time. Since you are retired and your kids are grown, I image you can relax and take your time healing. You can always catch up on your trips later when you're feeling better.. I know this was a shock, but you know the Great Physician and He will be with you every step of the way...Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noreen, I'm so sorry you're going through this. You are in my thoughts and prayers. God bless you.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, like a couple of above, I did have a hysterectomy when I was 35 and I did not think the recovery was all that bad and I'm hoping that is what you will be saying down the road as well. I will be praying for good reports and rapid healing for you. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mommy had it also at age 45. Everything taken out.
    Including the huge fibroids.
    Thank goodness for painpills,, but mommy was up and about very soon afterwards. Its best to get it taken care of.
    We will keep you in our prayers.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Noreen, I'll definitely be praying! I've not ever had any type of surgery, but I do know that you will need to rest and let some things go! Agreed - The Great Physician will bring all your healing!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are praying and I'm going to email you my journey with the same surgery at age 63.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope some dear readers that have experience with this surgery will share info with you. My favorite health related Scripture is for you "For I will restore your health to you and I will heal your wounds, says the Lord." Jeremiah 30:17

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry you have to deal with this. I don't have any experiences to share with you, just faith that God will see you through it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had this surgery but laparoscopically at age 27 so I'm not much help. My mom had it in her 40's, full laparotomy, and it seemed as if she bounced back much faster than expected. That was a long time ago, and I'm sure that techniques have improved. I'll be thinking of you - you are surrounded by people who care very much about you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My daughter had hers at age 28, it was a horrid long recovery...many weeks. I wish the best for you and send some prayers for healing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Will be keeping you in prayer. Never had this type of surgery but everyone recovers differently. (wish your doctor had told you that instead of it will be a rough recovery) you may do just fine. praying that you will get over that bug soon...take care

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Noreen, I am sorry I am a bit behind in my reading and did not see this until now. I am sending you many prayers that the surgery and recovery will go well for you. The only surgery that I had was laparoscopic and I was fine soon after. I had some issues with my MRI last year, but my insurance refused to pay for the contrast so I did not have that portion done. Praying yours goes smoothly. We are all here for you Noreen!! xo Jeanne and the girls

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14