Friday, November 2, 2012

Salmon Snacks

Our dog trainer recently introduced me to the greatest dogs treats yet. In fact, she buys the very large bag and gave each of us a sandwich bag filled with these tempting tidbits. There is no doubt that they are freeze dried Salmon, because when you open the bag you are hit with the smell. Hunter loves them and now Lily does too; you only give one a day so this bag should last awhile, even though we are sharing. They are rich in all the nutrients our pups need. 
Yesterday when I got back from bible study, the dogs who had access to the back yard, were pretty dirty. To say my wood floor was covered in dirty paw prints would be putting it mildly.  What's a mom to do?  Hunter got put in the sink for a full bath and Lily had her feet, legs and face washed.  They both look much cleaner.  So today, I am thankful for small dogs that can be put in the kitchen sink instead of the bathtub.  I used my vinegar cleaner on the floor twice but it just looked like I spread the dirt around, so this morning I will be using the professional cleaner on it.  I try not to use it too much, as I prefer something natural.  I would much rather clean wood floors than carpet; so I am thankful that we have wood floors.  In our next home, in the future, I hope it is all wood floors with area rugs.  For today, I am thankful we have such a nice home.  I am thankful that I found these great treats for Hunter.  He is such a picky eater, but doing better, but  I  love knowing he is gets so many vitamins etc in these treats. I am thankful that Hunter and Lily get along so well and love each so much and that trading dog sitting saves us money(we used to always kennel our dogs).  I am thankful that Hunter is finally warming up to all the grands and is getting excited when they are here.  Our little guy is growing up.  I am also thankful that Hunter gets along with Petrol, our youngest daughter's dog.  This makes life easy!
I am so thankful that my brother and sil are here in Colorado and that we will be spending a majority of the weekend with them. We will be with them tomorrow all day and then we are planning on going down to have breakfast with them in Boulder.  I love it when they visit! 
I am thankful our oldest daughter and her family are on their way home this morning and that they had such a fun time in California. 
I am thankful for life!
How about you, have you noted all the blessings in your life?
May your weekend be filled with love and grace.
Blessings, Noreen & Hunter

14 comments:

  1. I love salmon treats! Know what my MOM says? She says, "Paw prints on the kitchen floor are beautiful." I am sure glad she thinks that. Sounds like you have a beautiful weekend planed with family. Enjoy.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woof! Woof! Gotta to be the SMELL. Have a wonderful Friday n weekend. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh- I have too many blessings to even count. Now...are you thankful for FISH BREATH? lol I am glad you found such a wonderful treat, though- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do miss the days of a dog small enough to plop in a sink to bath. Molly requires taking a 20 minute drive to The Barkery where I can bathe her in their wash room. I'll have to see if I can find those treats around here. Have a grand weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many wonderful things to be thankful for. Enjoy your weekend with your brother and SIL. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't stopped counting our blessings since the storm hit! I've gotten to the point that I don't mind the floors as long as the dog hairs are vacuumed up. Like you, I use vinegar and water for most touchups.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our dog Elvis will have to try out those treats...I am sure he'd love them! Enjoy your week-end Noreen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What would we do without our dog babies?
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. We like the salmon snacks or the liver--We call them 'high value' and they are when we really, really need a bribe, or just because! :-)

    But it sounds like a nice day Noreen, and I hope your weekend is too! THANK YOU again for your kind words on the loss of our boy Sam, and especially for your friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, Salmon Treats! The girlz LOVE them...in fact they love anything "fishy"...just don't get LadyBug near something like a real fish...she will roll in it! :)
    Happy Weekend to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sadly I have no pet these days but remember fondly the years I bred Siamese cats and what a comfort they were at times. Thanks for telling about your little Hunter - dirty floors and all! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mom buys us salmon treats from Costco. We like them! For freeze dried, we have beef liver. We love that too! I started out as a picky eater but mom says I have changed my ways. I'm not quite as big of an eater as my brother but no more a problem!

    Get muddy again Hunter!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  13. You and I are on the same page. I just discovered salmon treats for Shyla's training. Wow, she'll jump through raging flames for them! (but you know that I'd never ask that of her).

    And, Shyla actually met her first child today. She met my nephews, and, by the end of a short walk, she even let the older one touch her without her cowering. Perhaps she and Hunter should compare notes!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14