Saturday, December 9, 2017

When Quilter's Gather

Happy Saturday to you! I am wondering if today will find you shopping for presents, spending time fluffing your nest or relaxing; whatever you are up to this day, I hope you will find contentment. As I mentioned on Thursday, yesterday my quilt mini group had our Christmas luncheon and party. It was so fun and filled with laughter, love, great food, gifts and presents. While I didn't get any pictures of food, I tried to get some of the decorations that made the atmosphere lots of fun.  This is one of the tables~our hostess put a Stove Top Potpourri bag at each place setting.

The only picture of food I got were these lovely cupcakes.
Loved this vignette.
Jim Shore is a favorite artisan of mine and I loved this Santa.

Rinda is an incredible quilter and has many wall hangings and quilts throughout here house. I loved this Christmas scene.
You may remember this quilted table topper from last year-I think I made close to ten of them for gifts.  I also love the Merry Quilting sign.

When the gals arrived, I pinned the name of a Christmas Carol on their back and they had to ask others a yes or no question to get clues and then try to figure out what song they had.  I was shocked that none of the gals knew this game.  There were two winners and each got a prize-either a fat quarter or some other quilting item.  After this game was over we all got our lunch, which consisted of turkey noodle soup, white chicken chili(yum), Chinese Cabbage salad, Spinach Strawberry salad, lots of different breads as well as coffee, water, tea or hot cider.
Immediately after clearing our dishes away, we began a Quilters Bingo game-instead of numbers we had words associated with quilting. We played two games and then the four winners received a their choice of prize.  I provided a Name that Quilt Square  game.  There were four winners on this game who also received a prize.   I'm thinking that the gal I shared games with did such a great job, no one will want to attempt them in the future. At the end we all had dessert, unfortunately the only dessert I got a photo of was some fantastic cupcakes.  I couldn't try one, due to gluten~however, my granddaughter and I(I was her helper) made a gluten and dairy free cheesecake which was delicious.  Another gal brought apple fritters-they also looked incredible.  There was one last fast game before we did our gift exchange game.  Like many other games where gifts are exchanged, we all drew numbers from a hat and then picked a gift or if someone else had a gift you preferred you could "steal" it.  Our group was very kind and I think only one gift was actually taken from someone.  I received a $20 gift card from  a quilt store in town.  All in all, 13 ladies had a fantastic party celebrating Christmas, friendship and the love of quilting.
Today we will hit the gym first thing and then go over to our daughter's house to see if we can help as they put in new hardwood in their family room.  I also want to make a fun wall hanging for Christmas, so may start that.
So on this Saturday, try to make someone's spirit bright!
Hugs,
Noreen

1 comment:

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14