Wednesday, December 6, 2017

My Christmas Collections

Happy Wednesday to you! I have had my home decorated since before Thanksgiving, but just didn't stop long enough to grab some photos to share here. All of these collections are somewhat old; I will share the newer ones tomorrow. Some younger folks have been heard saying "how can people collect those villages? They are so expensive". I'm here to testify that my dear mil started giving me a piece every Christmas for many years-so this collection is about 25+ years old. I love it and wouldn't think of not putting it up at Christmas.  They came from a store called Mervyn's and it is such fun to remember each piece.  Hubby loves putting these up, so I leave him to it.
My angel collection-they all have a special meaning for me.
My snowmen grace the foyer.
My original Santa that I got approximately 25-30 years ago with small toys around the tree.
My other small Christmas village my girls gave me one year; someday one of my granddaughters will receive this.
I'm off to the gym this morning to try to burn off the calories I've taken in the last couple of days.
I hope you are all staying warm.
Hugs and blessings,
Noreen

3 comments:

  1. I miss Mervyn's! Your village is lovely along with the other village and decorations. Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful displays!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how beautiful! I love that your mother-in-law bought these pieces for you over a number of years, and it is just so wonderful that your husband helps you put them out. Christmas traditions are so special and just warm the heart. God bless you, sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14