Monday, December 18, 2017

Counting Down

The countdown has begun~those who attend church are enjoying Christmas Carols, many are baking this week, while others are still out shopping or wrapping.  I'm happy to say all but a few of our presents are wrapped; we spent time yesterday getting the majority done.  At church yesterday, I was able to sing familiar carols and enter into this last week in a quiet, reflective and peaceful mood; last night hubby and I went to our daughters' family church and watched 8 of our grands performing Christmas songs.  It was so wonderful, firstly because it was our grands up on stage and secondly because the families had hired a Choir Instructor who did a fantastic job with all of the kiddos. Our grands are mingled in with all the others; this church has more children than parents.  After we saw them, we headed to old town Fort Collins where the lights are gaily decorating the streets.  We had dinner with Kim's in-laws and then walked the square; it was so cold, but fun to be out in December.  Hubby and I got home and watched yet another Hallmark  Christmas movie~I love them and always look forward to seeing which ones they'll play.  My only disappointment is that once recorded, they only stay for a week or so.  Even hubby enjoys them, especially when there isn't anything else on t.v.
Today we will go to Kim's to watch kiddos for a short bit while one is at the Orthodontist.  After that we headed to the gym; hubby will be playing golf this afternoon and I'm sure I'll find some things to do around the house.  This week is busy with seeing my girlfriend in Longmont, taking another friend out to lunch for her birthday, having a couple for dinner on Thursday and in between hitting Whole Foods, a Bread company and Costco.
I hope you are finding Joy in every hour leading up to Christmas.  Stay well and make the most of every minute.
Blessings,
Noreen

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my! That IS a lot of kids! Wow, to think there are more kids that adults! It is wonderful to know that they are there learning about Jesus...they are the future church! So happy to visit with you and hear of all of your fun activities this Christmas season, sweet friend. :) We love Hallmark movies, too! I hope they always keep them so clean and family-friendly and fun-spirited. They really lift the spirits, don't they? God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We bet that Christmas program was just beautiful. Our grands have theirs tomorrow night. Each year they present the Birth of Jesus through song. It is fun to see how many different and beautiful ways the choir director can present this story.

    Have a good week.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great evening! I have some presents to wrap and some baking to do this week. On the Hallmark channel starting on Christmas Eve at 8 pm they are showing this year's new movies again without commercials! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, once again it is almost here! Enjoyed our granddaughter's choir last week. Rejoice!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14