Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Christmas Blessings

Hello Friends~I hope you all had a perfect day yesterday! As I've mentioned, we always gather at Kim's house ,because it is her birthday and she likes staying home. Yesterday, around 11:15, we gathered at her house and the festivities began.  Grands waiting to open presents.
Our youngest, Miss E opened the first present and was thrilled with a Unicorn Tea Set.
Little Man flanked by his cousins, always his teachers and protectors.
Miss A holding a puzzle she wanted and Miss A next to her looking at something.  See the snow on the ground-Little Man had just come in from shoveling their deck.
Miss D with American Girl paper kits.  We only do stocking gifts for the grands and a big family gift.
Peanut with her love of engineering received three Metal Earth kits-she had the Eiffel Tower up before lunch/supper.

Our two oldest grands, Miss F on the left with Miss S.
All of Carrie's kiddos, but the two youngest, received  Schiels gift cards.  Miss S received a piano book-Pirates of the Caribbean.
Kim really loves 'Dear Muscha' jewelry and received a necklace she wanted.
I gave our girls(Carrie seated next to me)a book and journal by Well Watered Women~a study we can all do, not together but to share with one another about.
Our big family gift is usually a weekend trip to Estes Park with all of us.  However, this year our gift is a trip to Oceanside.  The kids and grands all love going there and we got three condos; it's been 7 years since we went together.  Hubby designed a puzzle that they had to assemble that would share where we are going.  He included the photo that was his inspiration; he blew it up and made it into a puzzle.


They are all so excited and an added benefit is that one of the days we will head to Disneyland.
All of the kiddos standing for a photo and then Eric's parents presented each with a gift card to Starbucks.  So thoughtful.
I should have gotten a photo of all the food, but didn't. What a spread and it included Steak, Ham, Baked Potatoes and fixings, Roasted Root Vegetables, Rolls, stuffed Mushrooms, sautéed mushrooms and onion, wedge Salad plus lots of desserts.  WE were all so full, that I would bet most didn't eat dinner-at least hubby and I didn't.  WE came home and watched another Hallmark movie; I love them and will be disappointed when they stop-though there are always good ones on, we just like the Christmas ones.
Today is snowy and cold; I had two friends over for breakfast and now we have a quiet afternoon.  WE have a couple of errands to run and later three grands will be over for a few hours.  Nothing to return to the stores; it's a perfect way to spend the day.
Northern Colorado has been hit with Norvovirus and the Flu, so I am really avoiding being in public.
Blessings and Joy to you this last week of 2017.
Noreen

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun celebration! Have a happy and blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't photos of our food either! You family trip sounds amazing. One more movie tomorrow night on Hallmark. You photos are perfect. Happy New Year to you and your family.....

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14