Monday, October 2, 2017

Fall Family Fun

Happy Monday to you! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend; we definitely had some great family times. On Saturday morning we met at the houseboat that hubby used to drive(he's resigned due to serious back issues); this was the last trip out for him and he took the entire family out on the lake for an hour. It was so fun and got our sil's thinking about renting a large houseboat on Lake Powell in the future. He he is at the helm; he has enjoyed his time being captain, despite many issues with an older houseboat.

As we were leaving, Little Man saw this fuzzy caterpillar; I haven't see one like this in the years we've lived in norther Colorado. I remember loving them when I was little and also when our girls were little.
Later in the afternoon we went on a walk; we had our neighbors dog with us for overnight and I wanted to make sure he got his walk in before we left for the evening. I saw this tree and it was so vibrant! I loved seeing it, but it made me realize it is nothing to what we will be seeing in New England this week. I'll try to post pics, if not here on Facebook and Instagram.
Saturday evening we gathered for yet another birthday party for our Miss F who turned 12.  It was such an enjoyable evening.  We are done with birthdays until the end of this month when we have three adult birthdays-our daughter Carrie and our two sil's who share the same birthday.
I've got to start packing and getting things together for our trip.
Joy to you!
Noreen

3 comments:

  1. Sadly, most of our trees here in CT are still green. It will be another two weeks before they burst out with the Fall colors. What state are you visiting? I'm guessing the states further north have more color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still not much color here either. It sounds like it was a very fun family time together.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have pretty fall colors here in West Texas but we've lived in Colo a few times and enjoyed the trees changing color.
    We used to talk about renting a houseboat at Powell but never did...hope you will get to do it...

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14