Wednesday, October 25, 2017

A Bit More of Maine

Happy Wednesday to you all. I hope your week is going well thus far. Yesterday after a wonderful breakfast and catch up with my dear neighbors, hubby and I began cleaning up the back yard~you know trimming all the bushes, cutting all the decorative grasses and the dead Echinecia thistle heads before our grandsons came over to help us take out a large Pine Tree. When our home was built the HOA made all the yards have Pine trees in them. Give them 10 years or so and they get quite tall and also tend to block the views from our neighbors, as well as block the sunlight on their garden. It only took about 1.5 hours with all four of us working; we do have at least two more trips to the refuse area. It changes the look of the yard, but I'm confident that I will find some small flowering shrubs to replace it. Anyway, onto more of our trip. Most of the photos are self explanatory, but toward the end I'll share a little about a cute little store.





Love this next house.


O.k., so what do quilters do when they travel-they look for every quilt store they can find to visit.  This store was in Litchfield Maine and very quaint.


Here are Barbara(front left) and I(wearing my fisherman sweater from Ireland and a fall pin from Maine 14 years ago)leaving with a little bit of fabric; another thing that avid quilters do is add to their stash.
Today will be busy again-hitting the gym first thing, taking the loads of trimmings to the refuse center, taking a gal to lunch and tonight hubby will be taking the boys to their Outdoor Ed club.
Tomorrow it is supposed to snow and I'm not thrilled with that-mainly because I'm not ready, but also we have to go up north to some friend's home for dinner and I really dislike having to go anywhere of distance if it is snowing.    Thank you all for encouraging me with the gym; it is hard to get into weight machines, but I can already see the difference in how my pants fit.  I'm confident that it is also helping my bones and possibly getting rid of a little fluff.
Have a blessed day!
Noreen

3 comments:

  1. We did not see you in the picture. You are getting snow? Yikes - not us! Mom said 5 years ago we got 8" of snow so we are on borrowed time.

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Noreen, you all accomplished so much in such a short time. Great job!
    The photos are so beautiful, looks like you timed the season right. I have always wanted to visit New England in the fall.
    Snow so soon, stay warm, enjoy your family and friends. You with fluff? no way, you are so trim.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the beautiful pictures of the northwest that you shared, such amazing colors to see there! How wonderful that your grandsons help take out the pine tree, they are difficult trees to deal with, how well we know. Snow this week, oh my! I hope you are still able to visit your friend for dinner. Working out at the gym sounds like a good plan especially if you and your hubby are doing it together, to encourage each other! Hugs to you today :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14