Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Greetings! It would seem that our photos are out of order, but I know that you might enjoy them anyway. Seeing them takes me back to New England and I can't begin to explain how much we love the charm of the different states. I've said if hubby and I were younger and snow wasn't an issue, I imagine we could have easily decided to live in Maine. Here we are again in Bath, a quaint village that caters to tourists.

We also thoroughly enjoyed Longfellow's home in Portland.
Of course you know I'd have a photo of an antique quilt-it was beautiful.  All of the furniture, clothing, photos and painting were all original to the home.
I can just picture Henry or his sister at this desk.
The next photo was taken at Castle Tucker in Wiscasset, Maine.  We love seeing mansions from the 1800's.  The furniture in this house was also original.
This bill is hard to read, but the total amount was very high for the time period.
Loved this bureau.  I believe the rocking chair was from the late 1800's.
This Singer is an earlier model than I have-it was fun to see.
Loved the kitchen!
I'll have more to share tomorrow, I hope you've enjoyed our tour.
Blessings~
Noreen

1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome, Noreen, I would have been beside myself, ~smile~ the sewing machine looks like the one I have that belonged to my grandmother. Thanks for sharing your memories.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14