Monday, December 14, 2015

Ugly Christmas Sweaters

Happy Monday to you friends. I hope your weekend was filled with some holiday joy and not too much stress. Hubby and I had a busy weekend, but it really celebrated the Christmas season. On Saturday morning I went to a ladies Christmas brunch at church and it was wonderful. They always have a raffle with lots and lots of gifts and this year I won a lovely winter white scarf. Saturday afternoon we had an ugly Christmas sweater party to go to at hubby's friends. When we received the invitation, the first thought was to go to the Ugly Christmas Sweater store and buy one, but in the end we decided to stop at the Goodwill store and hubby immediately found this hospital scrub and we bought it along with this little red sweater for me.  I am not the type to wear an ugly sweater, but figured if I adorned it with all my Christmas pins, collected over the years, that it would work.  Hubby determined to really do a number on his-so we added stockings, ornaments and garland.  His friends couldn't believe it.
Yesterday we hosted a Bronco party with about 8 friends that hubby works with and of course their wives.  I got to visit with one gal I hadn't met before who is also a quilter and that was really fun.
The game was a big disappointment for us, but there is always next week.  Since the Raiders have lost to us the last eight games, I guess it was o.k. that they won.  Not sure what was going on with our team or our receivers who just couldn't catch the ball.  We had pizza, lots of munchies and enjoyed it.
Today I will have two granddaughters over for sewing and the rest of the day is open.  Tomorrow I have two more grands over for sewing and then at the end of the week I'm taking two friends out to lunch(separately)for their birthdays.  Should be a great week.  We've also been watching a lot of Hallmark Christmas movies, now that our regular shows are coming to an end.
I hope you have a great day and are enjoying your area-whether it's warm or cold.
Joy to you!
Noreen

10 comments:

  1. Noreen, I think you just look cute in anything. But oh boy your husband sweater is gaudy. LOL. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are laughing, you had a busy weekend also!
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's that time of the year!! And we think YOUR sweater is kinda cute!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugly Christmas sweaters are the best!
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo . I kind of like your red sweater it has a cute winter scene on it. Glad you guys had a good time at the party . Sounds like you both have been busy , Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. We bet you both had a lot of fun and laughs at that party. Mom used to teach and it was sort of a "given" that all the teachers would wear their ugly Christmas sweaters:)

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen a lot of the ugly Christmas sweater parties this year, and think they would be fun, I must say you and your dh did a fine job!~wink~
    I think it is absolutely wonderful that you are teaching your grandchildren how to sew, and getting to spend one on one time with them crating those beautiful memories!
    I always enjoy catching up on what you are doing, such a wonderful fulfilled life you have!
    Thanks for sharing, Have a blessed Christmas.
    Hugs from me to you!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you have been busy. Love the sweater!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14