Thursday, December 10, 2015

Christmas At My House

Happy Thursday to you. It's a day to be thankful for all the blessings in our lives, even amidst the chaos of preparations. I realized last night that I hadn't shared our Christmas Vignettes yet, so wanted to show how I changed things up a bit. Firstly, I'm not sure what I put on the mantel last year(have no pics of it), so decided to place our Manger front and center. I really like it in this place!
Next we put my small village on the top of a cabinet. I think it looks cute here; I had planned to give it away but hubby changed my mind.
O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree how lovely are they branches.
My Santa vingnette with all sorts of toy ornaments.
Our dining room table with my dough bowl adorned for a festive dinner.
My vingette of the angels worshipping the baby Jesus. I love the kneeling angel,small kneeling Santa, the candle, the tall glass Angel was a gift from my sister the Christmas before she passed and the little book that says Wise Men Still Seek Him all hold special places in my heart.
This Dickens Village was a gift, over the course of many years, from my Mother-in-law. Also there is one special "Quilt Shop" that my Best Quilting friend gave me for Christmas-to remind me of our many hours spent quilting together.
The gathering of Snowman and couples in our kitchen-just love these. As I've said before, most of my ornaments are 20-40 yrs old.
Last but not least, in fact, he is most dearly loved in our house-Hunter. He is patiently waiting for me to feed him his breakfast. For some reason, Bichons love to sit on the tops of couches, maybe it's a better view.

Hubby and I are running lots of errands today, getting a special present in the mail and I'll be working in the sewing room I'm sure.
I hope your day is filled with joy!
Blessings,
Noreen and Hunter

9 comments:

  1. We just love seeing Christmas in all our friends' homes - you have some very lovely displays - wnoderful to have such treasures.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been working hard to get all of your Christmas decor out to share with us in blogland. Glad you are sewing and wish I was working in my craft room but I haven't gotten it set up since the move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your decorations are beautiful; it's great fun, seeing how other people decorate. I'll even go to the mall to see decorations this time of year. Come to think of it, I haven't been to the mall in years, close to ten, I bet.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house looks beautiful. So Christmasy
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house looks so beautiful!!! Hunter looks so sweet on the back of your couch.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE all your decorations! Most of my decorations are quite old too...but I love how that adds to the feeling of tradition and "home". My youngest sister has a Bichon too, and his favorite perch is also the back of their couch, lol. Enjoy your week-end Noreen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house looks so cozy and comforting, all ready for the special season and I love the picture of little Hunter, so precious! Hope you had a wonderful day getting things done :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all looks so beautiful. I love when the decorations are up, the house feels so festive!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14