Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Outdoor Wednesday

With our spring weather being so pleasant, hubby and I are starting to work on the yard a bit.  Last week we bought a yard of supreme mulch(aka gorilla mulch) for the beds.  Our plants are just showing signs of spring here.  On Sunday I told my girls I was on the lookout for a copper wind decoration for the yard; I've seen several in the neighborhood and love them.  Years ago, I got the name of a man who made them, but his prices were sky high.  So Monday, one daughter calls from Costco and says they have what I want there and did I want her to pick one up for me.  Of course I did;  yesterday hubby quickly put it together and we put it in the bed.  I love how whimsical it is. 
I would love to get out and work in the yard today, but we are heading to Denver this afternoon to see the musical Motown; if you grew up in the 60's & 70's you probably listened to this music. We have always loved Motown music and can't wait.  Tomorrow we are supposed to have rain and possibly snow, so no gardening for me; maybe this weekend.  My other goal for this spring is to walk at least 1.5 miles per day-up to 3+ miles per day and ride my bike, at least for 2 miles.  So far, I've been doing this and it feels so good to be back to normal.  I'm about to grab Hunter's harness and get going.  The more I can be outside walking and riding, the happier I am. 
I hope you have a wonderful day!
Blessings,
Noreen & Hunter

8 comments:

  1. Your yard looks so beautiful! And I love the copper piece. We've been working like crazy in our yard; I think it's never ending! :)
    KZK
    Enjoy the musical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that copper piece ... it looks fabulous in your garden. I'd like one, too, but all my beds are on the smallish side and all that I've seen are too large ... the scale is all off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yard looks nice and I like your new wind decoration. Hope your musical was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing great! Glad you're able to walk and ride your bike, Noreen. My knees wouldn't take the bike riding but I've begun walking, a bit. The copper piece is lovely...bet it sounds even better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your yard and your whimsical copper decoration!

    It's cold and damp up here today, perhaps due to that system that's moving in. I'm so glad to hear how active you've been! You really handled that surgery amazingly well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you are very right,,, The more outside you can be,, just transforms you into a healthy person much faster!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  7. We too have been out in the garden and the weather has been wonderful. Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are feeling better Noreen! LOVE that copper decoration!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14