Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A Boy's Appetite

Happy Wednesday to you! As I mentioned yesterday, last night we had our two oldest grandsons over for dinner and a sleepover. It was such fun! To begin with, Papa took them to the golf course where they hit a bucket of balls. When they got back we played two games of Quirkle and then got dinner ready. They had told us that they wanted hot dogs on buns, french fries, coleslaw and beans and for dessert they had angle food cake with ice cream. Our grands have the appetites that match their age~which means they are adolescent boys and can eat non stop. I meant to get pics before we ate, but wanted to share I think we have a food network host in our midst. They thought it was so cool to put everything on top of their hotdog-so it was overflowing. They loved it; they weren't being sloppy, just truly enjoying their creation.

It is so different when we have the boys over; I'm thinking they are quiet because of the number of girls we have for a sleepover.  The girls will be here Friday night and have requested almost the same meal. I'm not sure what we will do with them, but know it will be fun.
I'll be popping by to say hi today, I'm behind but have the afternoon free. 
Joy to you!
Noreen

11 comments:

  1. Good morning! Looks like a fun time for the boys! Oh, and boy's appetite! I remember the time we had 3 teen-aged/young adult males in the house. Practically ate us out of house and home, lol. ALWAYS eating it seemed, lol. I missed yesterdays post I see. The quilt is really good! How I would love to be able to sew with one of my grand daughters! How fun. She did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the same thing going on at our house with 5 boys 2-14, 2-12 and one is 6. the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless and we bet they all love coming over. Oh to be young again and hoover up a plate full of food again and again. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I raised only boys, but now have only girl grands! Love them all to pieces! I'm sure the boys totally enjoyed their time with you and the hubs! Blessings, Cindy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noreen, I love that the boys wanted to make their own hot-dog toppings. You can get them off the food trucks like that :):) Wish I could be there for the girl sleep over...I am more used to girls, as I have 4 daughters...we had some big sleep overs too.I miss those good old fun times. Blessings to all, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of differences between boys and girls and the more there are of them the more noticeable it is!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  7. I raised boys and let me tell you they still to this day can eat us out of house and home when they visit lol ! Wonderful photos and post . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to have boy time and girl time. Our 8 year old grandbiped already has a huge appetite, Mom can't imagine what it will be like when he is a teen.

    Enjoy your time with the girls - bet there will be lots of giggling.

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a delicious hot dog creation to me! I know you loved every moment with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, boys at that age can be a bottomless pit. Our 6 yr old Grandson has started to eat more than he ever has and will just about eat anything. Fun memories for sure!

    Easter blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My grandsons reported to their mama that Nana doesn't feed them enough ... having never had any sons, I forgot that growing boys are bottomless pits, all the more so when they're active in sports, with training most every day. Now Nana loads up their plates. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14