Monday, April 27, 2015

CSU Vet School Open House

Happy Monday to you. On Saturday, I did something I haven't done before-I took two grands to the CSU Vet School Open House. I am always looking for activities that will nurture the natural bents my grands have; two of them are dog people just like me, which thrills my heart. Our second grandson has talked of having a ranch when he grows up and also dog breeding. I thought it would be fun to visit a Vet School almost in our back yard; I know several people who have taken their dogs there and have been happy with the care. I also know the previous head of the vet school, so it was a natural decision to go to this event. My grandson looked online and saw that Fort Collins police were having a K9 demonstation; it was a no-brainer. In fact, I probably would have spent a good portion of the day there because they had agility set up also. In Ca. I used to go to the trials for obedience and agility as well as sheep dog exhibitions and trials. I can tell you that we all loved seeing these Police dogs being worked; we found out new information about them as well. I love how well trained these dogs are!

I loved seeing how determined Trigger was in holding on to his handler for this exercise.  He never let go of the underneath armpit of the "perp".

After the training exercises, the dog and handlers had a meet & great.  They were so gentle; I wouldn't want them coming after me though.


Here is my grandson Mr. B.  He has a love for Shepherds-in fact, some close friends have a Shepherd from Germany and they are going to be breeding her.  Unfortunately, due to allergies and asthma neither girls family can have any dog that sheds.  Mr. B is looking into Labradoodles or Standard Poodles.  He wants a big dog, I just keep reminding him if he gets a working dog he has to exercise and work it daily. 
We had so much fun!  I'm also hoping to take three grands to a dog show in August in Greeley.  It is a small one, but fun to go and see. 
Yesterday hubby and I went to the movies, because it was cold and rainy.  We saw Woman in Gold, a fabulous true story.  Today is another cold day, so I'll be running some errands and then working on the house.
Hope you have a great Monday.
Joy to you!
Noreen

8 comments:

  1. We love those big dogs, Momma grew up with several.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. The K9 demonstrations are always so much fun
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice adventure for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so wonderful to take the lads; it looks totally interesting and would have enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool! We would love to go to that!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does sound like tons of fun... Isn't it wonderful that some of your grandkids love dogs like you do? It makes me smile.

    I'm afraid that I have an almost PTSD response to all of Fort Collins because the only time I've spent there was when K was being treated for cancer. So, I probably won't ever go to one of those events - but I'm so glad that it was great for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great experience for the kids! Sounds like so much fun. When I was high school age, my parents owned a pet shop/grooming salon and also raised/bred/showed springer spaniels. We had so much fun going to the shows! I hope the grands enjoyed themselves! Blessings to you, Cindy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is wonderful! KSU Vet Med does the same with having an open house once a year. It's amazing what all they do!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14