Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter

Good Morning to you. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! WE had such a fun weekend~on Friday night 7 of our granddaughters spent the night. What fun we had, from nails being painted to watching Night At The Museum 3, to giggles and having a hard time getting to sleep in the fort that Papa made. Saturday morning we had a big breakfast and then went on a 1.5 mile walk. After they went home, I just had a very relaxed day; I got a new ebook recommended by one of my blogging buddies and read the entire book in the afternoon, just sitting in the sun. Yesterday the entire family came over for lunch. We fixed ham, bbq chicken, deviled eggs-isn't the one in the middle cute! I also made cupcakes for dessert and had splurged and bought a box of Sees candy(A family tradition). The girls brought rolls, potato salad and fruit salad. Such a good meal.
These tulips were a birthday gift from a dear friend; they package had a label that said Bloom Makers, Long Life Flowers. I love them; you just keep adding water to them.


Just before the candy hunt(they already did egg hunts at their house), we lined them all up for a photo. Well, actually there was a little more to it than that. After this picture was taken, all the adults whipped out cans of silly string and sprayed them all. It was such fun and they thought it was so funny. One granddaughter, the oldest, kept saying "well, I just wasn't expecting that". It was Papa and my idea and one to show the kiddos that we still like to get silly now and again.
I'm off to walk now, will bike later and maybe take a second shorter walk. The weather will be nice today and I'm loving being outside.
Joy to you!
Noreen

15 comments:

  1. Oh my stars what a party that must have been. Just made me smile seeing your babies.

    Hope you are having a wonderful Monday. It is cloudy and raining here today but my~ how things are turning green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect weekend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMD packing my case and coming over to yours next Easter. Sounded awesome. Ours was nice but quiet. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun time having your granddaughter's spend the night. Sounds like an awesome Easter dinner and a great time with your family. I'm so happy for you......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you all had a fun time together. It's healthy to be silly now and then. :)

    Thanks for your kind words when we lost Cameron.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like the perfect celebration to me. How blessed you are to have ALL of your grandkids be able to get together so often like that. It is so rare for us. But God is good ALL THE TIME and I am not complaining. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter! Ours was quiet but really nice.
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Silly String fun! The photo is very sweet too! Lots of memories at your house :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at that beautiful family, Noreen. I am glad you have so much fun. It is wonderful when you can get everyone together!
    Hope you had a wonderful Monday so far-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds absolutely perfect!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sure sounds like a wonderful Easter weekend from beginning to end. We need to see a pic of the silly string action:)

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love readying about your Easter,, It was beautiful.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a beautiful Easter! I missed church and family gathering with a massive sinus infection. Blah! Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful grandchildren! Sounds like a fabulous weekend was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww, that one little egg was so sweet! Sounds like you had a fabulous Easter. {{hug}}

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14