Monday, April 30, 2012

Happy Monday to you friends, We are back home and finally adjusted to the time difference. The flights were relatively easy although it got pretty bumpy once we got over the Rockies and into Colorado.  Hubby's heel was doing alright so the baggage wasn't an issue; I hate even admitting this but I got a pair of support socks and they kept my ankles and feet from swelling. I even told my brother about them, because like me he has issues too-I think we inherited the problem from my dad who had horrid issues with swelling.  So these are some of our last photos; seems like we've been home quite awhile.  However, on Sat. night it was clear our bodies were still on Kauai time because we were both awake at 3:00 a.m. mountain time but it was only 11:00 pm in Kauai.  I so love the flowers on Kauai; they are so spectacular but we came home to spring in full bloom, all the lilacs are blooming and everything looks so good. 


Isn't this rooster just so handsome!
In the islands, appetizers are called Pupu's; pupus at our place the last night.  We had chicken wings, California rolls, veges with ranch dressing and salsa and lots of chips.  We had such a good trip and as I've said, seeing the baby Monk Seal on Thursday made my trip. 
On another note; I am searching for our puppy and will probably meet one this coming Thursday-I'm pretty excited but trying not to get too excited until I know if it will work out.
Have a wonderful day!
Noreen

7 comments:

  1. Hey Noreen! Oh you saw a baby Monk seal! They are adorable aren't they!

    Also, I've been thinking about you ever since I saw you lost your furry baby recently andI wanted to share a book with you.....It's called "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn. I found out about this book from a pastor friend of ours when He lost their family dog recently. I lost many furry babies over the years and it just doesn't get any easier does it. And I'm actually facing the delima over my precious aging horse, Peppy (tear welling now). Anyway, there's a a chapter about animals in Heaven and when I read it I cried for joy. I realize that animals in Heaven can be a touchy theological issue, but this book is a Christian book and it is wonderful.....I know it would really bless you!

    Hope you find your new puppy soon...I know he/she is out there looking for you to!

    Have a wonderful week!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to have you back home. Once again I love the photos. Good luck with the puppy hunting! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home sweet friend.
    So glad that your trip was a blessing! Praying for just the perfect puppy to steal your heart. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcom home!! Glad you had such a good time. Such pretty pictures. Glad everything went well with hubbys ankle and the luggage and all. I was thinking about you. Hope your having a good day...HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are home safe and sound Noreen. I loved your Hawaii posts!!! Catch up, and we'll see you soon.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back to the real world, Noreen. I am so glad you had such a wonderful time,though. Even an hours difference takes a while to adapt to when you are traveling...so I know how hard the change is on your system.

    I hope you are having a wonderful first week home. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that you're back home and that the flight home was relatively uneventful - especially with your hubby's heel and your swelling.

    I enjoyed your pictures ... thanks for sharing them and letting us "come along" with you. ;-)

    Praying that you will find the perfect puppy for your household! {{hug}}

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14