Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Birthday Miss S

Today is a very special day~our oldest granddaughter, Miss S, turns seven.  I just can't believe she is seven already; where did the time go?  She is a bright shining star with a very tender heart. In fact, last week she was talking to me on the phone and crying because Papa and I are going to be gone for two weeks.  What's a Nana to do but promise her we'd call every day and I've got plans to email her every night so that the girls have emails from us first thing every morning. 

                                                    Miss F on the left, Miss S on the right.
Our girl is such a helper to her mom and to her sisters.  She loves taking care of them and is always willing to lend a hand.  Her mind goes a mile a minute and often she has questions for the adults. She loves the Lord and often will engage in conversation about God's word or just to sing worship songs.  We stopped by this morning to wish her a Happy Birthday and saw her family gift-a brand new doll.  Tomorrow evening we will all gather to celebrate her birthday as well as our Peanut's-who turns 5 on Saturday.   Hubby and I are so blessed by all our grands and we love them to the moon and back.
Happy Birthday Miss S, we love you!
Nana and Papa

7 comments:

  1. Grandchildren are just the best aren't they. The girls are adorable, you are blessed to have them close (it's a blessing I don't take for granted either)
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both soo adorable Noreen! Do I ever know how you feel. Grand children are just the best of God's blessings! Happy birthday to your sweet little Miss! Hope you are enjoying your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sure are cute little girlies!
    I can see why you are proud of them
    You really are blessed to be near
    your g'children, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Noreen! They are such pretty girls! Being a NaNa is such a gift isn't it!! I called my grandma "NaNa" as well. All the little things you are doing for your grandkids is soo very wonderful! A cherished every moment I had with my Nana and miss her soooo soooo much! Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!

    I LOVE your new glasses! They are PERFECT for you! Such a "hip" NaNa you are :)

    Have a blessed week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your little sweetie pie!!! Darling girls!!
    : ) Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to your Miss S (and to your Peanut on Saturday!). Every time one of my grands has a birthday, I "sternly" inform them that it's the last one ... no more growing up. ha! Being a Nana is THE BEST thing in the whole world ... and to have our grands nearby is such a blessing ... one not to take for granted, as Maryann said.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Noreen,
    Your grandaughters are so adorable,
    and Happy Birthday to Miss S. Hope you all have a wonderful celebration.

    Thanks to for your prayers....I am feeling quite a bit better but still not over this stuff all the way, but everyday seems to be getting better.

    Wanted to wish you a great vacation in the islands and hope you are feeling all better too.
    Can't wait to see your pics and hope you and hubby have a Grand time.

    Blessings with love,
    nellie

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14