Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy Tuesday to you!  I hope you are feeling great today and ready to embrace life.
Things are settling in quite nicely here; we are dog sitting our grandpup while our daughter's family are visiting Mt. Rushmore, thus I am getting out and walking again.  This morning I'll be heading to the dog park with Lily and also get out with her for a walk. Lily is a Bichonpoo and loves to play with other dogs; she is so social.  Being here without her 5 human kids is probably somewhat boring but they will be home tomorrow. I also hope to get to the gym, got to firm up my legs and maybe take off a couple of pounds. Well, we are scheduled to meet a puppy this Friday and I'm so excited-but at the same time trying to be somewhat cautious in case it doesn't pan out.  I will tell you that this breed wasn't my first or second choice but it is a breed I know well  and that meets all our criteria.  Any guesses?  He is a 4 mos old male and actually in a neighboring state.  I will begin shopping for him today; we are also looking at names but won't pick one until have him.  I think I'll keep you guessing a couple of more days.  There are a couple of friends in blogland who know the breed but it will be interesting to see if you all can guess. I will say he is small but not a toy dog-AKC listed as companion dog.
Also, another exciting tidbit is that I am drawing close to my 1,000 post so I am thinking it is time for another give away; stay tuned for details in the next week or so.
Have a joy filled day!
Noreen

14 comments:

  1. Hey my friend~
    It's been a while since I've stopped in for a visit...and everything looks as warm and inviting as always.

    Have a fab time with your grand pup!! :-)

    Blessings on your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you have me on pins and needles wondering what breed of doggin' you will be bringing home!!
    I can't wait to see!!! Is it a Wheaten? That is what we have. But they are VERY excitable. Had I known just how so, I doubt we would have gotten him. But we still love him...allergies and all.
    Have a great day!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to see what breed you get. Can't wait to see. I hope it works out, but I know if it does not God does have a special companion in store for you. I was going to say a Golden Doodle but I know they are not recognized by the AKC. But some of my best pals are Golden Doodles so I recognize them.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I haven't got a clue but whatever you get will be just right for you both and going to a wonderful home!
    Look forward to the giveaway...Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like that your pooch needs to be with you to be named. When we adopted our 4 babies we needed to hold them in our arms before we settled on just what God wanted them to be called.
    We had to fill out papers before we met Ryan so he was Scooter until the final adoption papers. My mom got him an outfit that still hangs in Ron's closet that says Scooter on it. That is what we brought him home from the hospital in. Now he is in his heavenly home with 2 names and a father that looks at his outfit daily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are excited to learn what your future pup will be. Mom says it is always hard to look at a pup and then walk away, but it is best to make sure it is the right one. There are lots of pups out there, we are sure you will find the perfect match.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome home,
    We leave on Monday May 7th..I hope we can see a Monk Seal too.
    So now you have me trying to guess what puppy your are thinking about.
    I can't wait to read all about him or her.
    Our Kona girl passed away four years ago. Gary is talking about looking for another dog, but since I am still working I would like to wait until I retire.
    So well see..
    Have a sweet day and big hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck on meeting the new pup, looking forward to meeting him. I am very curious now and doing some guessing, That is one lucky doggie.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the pup, looking forward to seeing some pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know, I know!!!!! don't worry your secret is safe with me...Hope it all works out according to plan. So exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun with your grandpup and soon you'll be firming up in the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He he, Is it still a secret? Murphy is so excited, I told him about your pup and we are all waiting to see pics.

    Good luck, ah heck, you don't need good luck, you just need or will need, New Furniture.....Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Noreen- I have no idea what breed your new baby is going to be but I am excited to find out.

    I have kind of a mini-giveaway going on at my blog if you care to pop over...a bit different than most.

    Hope you had a great day- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there Noreen! Looks like you are getting all prepared for the new arrival! I am very excited to see how things go...looking forward to hearing all about it!! Glad you made it home safe and sound and have recovered from your jet lag.
    xo
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14