Monday, April 9, 2012

Sweet Treats

Good morning to you, I hope you had a wonderful Easter celebration. Our gang of 16 gathered together at our home yesterday for lunch.  I had taken photos of our two desserts and planned to take pics of the entire lunch, but when you've got nine hungry grands around, it is difficult to put off the food.  I didn't get any other photos either; how bad is that; that shows we were all having too much fun.  We played ladderball, had an Easter egg hunt, played with bubbles and had a great day.  It helped that the weather was so pleasant.  We had bbq chicken, fruit salad, green salad, rolls and lots of drinks besides the desserts.

These were my two desserts~a carrot cake for the traditional folks and then a new recipe I saw on the Food Network.  It was a blueberry-goat cheese-basil pie; I can hear the groans right now, and I have family who didn't care for the goat cheese but I love all three ingredients.  I thought it was great; my only problem was that fresh blueberries are so pricey right now, I split them with frozen and the pie didn't set up as much as I would have liked.  I had never thought of adding any herbs to a pie but the flavors worked together to produce a very smooth flavor.  One of the girls took the carrot cake home but I kept the blueberry pie here.
A close up; it had sliced almonds on top, it would be great with vanilla ice cream.
Today, hubby and I have lots of errands to run and packing to get done. 
I hope you have a wonderful day, remember to be content wherever you are!
Joy to you.  Noreen

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful day with your family Noreen! Your desserts look yummy too. The blueberry pie sounds like an interesting combination.

    I hope you enjoy a lovely week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never think to add herbs to a pie either- My own family is like yours- I think the would forego the pie for the carrot cake. Hope you have a great Monday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a marvelous time with your family. My family is like yours ... they'd prefer carrot cake. Which I made for our Easter ... but we ate so much lunch that only a little of the cake was eaten. I wisely left it at DD's. I might have eaten it all myself. Of course today I'm craving a piece or two (since all I had was a couple of bites of DH's piece ... I was so full).

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14