Thursday, August 25, 2011

Greetings friends,  How are you this wonderful Thursday?   It is a beautiful day here and started out with cool breezes which made our walking very pleasant this morning.  Right now it is a warm 82.8 degrees with highs predicted to be in the high 90's today; we've turned on our a/c early because we have friends coming for dinner later today and we want to the house to be cool.  Usually I don't turn it on until the late afternoon but today we decided earlier is better.  So I am thankful that we have a/c; this is the first home we've ever had it in and our ceiling fan in our master bedroom seems to be having issues-actually we think the motor is getting really tired.  In lieu of that, a/c comes in really handy because I don't think I could sleep without some sort of cool air blowing.  I am thankful we live in the area we do and for each day.  I am thankful that I see a hint of fall in the plants and feel it in the air.  I am thankful for our dear friends who first grandchild is due next week, a little boy.  What fun they will have; I'm thankful for the internet so that they can send up photos since we aren't there.  I am thankful that I can clean wood floors with vinegar and water and not fuss with expensive cleaners.  I am thankful I get to get a hair cut/color done today-it always makes me feel good.  I am so excited and thankful that we are meeting some friends for dinner Sat. that we knew when we had young children and haven't seen in 27 yrs; they moved to Colorado and live about an hour from us and this is the first time we've managed to get a date on the calendar.  We've got a lot of catching up to do.
Have a day filled with gratitude-for the little as well as the big things.
Blessings, Noreen

6 comments:

  1. Hi Noreen. May you have a super time with friends. Nice that you are able to get together with sweet friends.

    God bless,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sure hope you have a wonderful time with your friends tonight. My Vickie really loved your words today and your expressions of thankfulness and your observatiosn about fall in the air.

    We thougth the same thing this morning when we were getting ready to open. There was a smell in the air that seemed to be reminicent of last fall.

    Thank you
    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you have so many fun things on the horizon! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to be with old friends...and enjoy glads in your home and memories of your mom.....Hope you are not close to the fires in CO.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Noreen! Once again you've reminded me of things to be thankful for--Friends near and far such as you are on that list.

    Enjoy your evening and the time with your friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so nice to have friends come to dinner!! We use to have friends come very often. Then we lost 2 of our friends in automobile accidents in the same year.
    Two other couples moved away. We still have Tom's sister and her husband come once a year at either Thanksgiving or Christmas Eve. Hope you had a wonderful time last night!!
    Reggie still doing OK???
    xx, Tinker & Fern

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14