Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fall is in the Air

Happy Tuesday!  Well, I would love to tell you that I've been up in the high places this week but this was taken last fall and I just love the Aspen's golden color as well as the photo of one of our 14er's.  For those that are not from Colorado, 14er refers to any peak that is above 14,000 feet and we have many.  There is something about the Rockies that thrills my soul  and even photos can refresh me. 
I think everyone needs a place like that; for my sweet man he would definitely say it is the Islands and that he'd live there in a heartbeat.  How about you?  Do you have a favorite place that offers you peace and brings a new perspective to you whole spirit?
If you can get out and enjoy the sunshine today, by all means do.   To those on the East Coast, know that prayers are going up for you each day.
Blessings, Noreen

9 comments:

  1. Such a BEAUTIFUL picture Noreen! My place is definitely in the mountains. Living in Seattle for 4 years was absolutely paradise to me. I miss it so desperately. I know that at some point in my life I will return to the mountains. ;) Yes, praying for those in the Northeast . . . I have a friend who was directly impacted with a house under water. :(
    Blessings!
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we cross the bridge over to Hilton Head, I can literally feel myself relax. I do believe we would have retired there had it not meant that we would have been 13 1/2 hours from DD and the Ts. Hope you're having a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Noreen. What a magnificent photo that is!!!! I think we all need a PLACE to go that makes us feel totally free. For me, that is Bass Lake.
    ENJOY the lovely weather you are having. I am hoping ours is coming soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo Noreen, we enjoy the mountains here in N.C. and hope to visit soon.
    We got through with minimal damage, but our thoughts and prayers are with those who had so much devastation.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emerald Lake, close to Crested Butte or Engineers Pass close to Ouray----both there in Colorado. However I'm getting intrigued by the Maldive Islands. looks so beautiful. I would like to visit Colorado in the Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noreen, How pleasant to see a fall photo. I love late summer, but I look forward to fall. My daughter and I are currently painting my kitchen, a nutmeg brown with white trim. It will look wonderful with fall accents. Blessings from........Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was good to get caught up with you here (o;
    Glad you had a great time with friends....I have had that too (o:
    I love the mountains...but I love the ocean too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that the Rockies are both beautiful and thrilling. I love the mountains and am lucky to have them so close.....I wouldn't complain about a visit to the beach though.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14