Tuesday, May 29, 2018

What Happens At Nana's



Happy Tuesday to you! How was your weekend? Did you do anything exciting or special? I hope you took time to remember those who have served our country and given all for us. It is with Gratitude that I'm always remembering the sacrifices of so many. Friday night we had 8 granddaughters spend the night~it was so fun. They brought dinner and the movie The Greatest Showman, plus a few others. We only had time for one though. So in the midst of watching the movie, our youngest granddaughter who turns 5 next week, decided Nana needed a new hairstyle. With comb and brush and rubber bands, she did this and said I looked like Princess Leah.  The waves on the bottom are mine naturally; it wouldn't be bad if I had them all over.  You  know the saying, what happens at Nana's stays at Nana's.
Saturday was an easy day, Sunday we had the whole family over-all 17 of us for a bbq.  It was so pleasant outside until the wind came up.  The kiddos all enjoyed themselves and we discovered a new talent-Miss F had a stair down with her brother B  and she took the price.  It was amazing, we had no idea she had such a strong look.  Yesterday was cloudy and rain hit in the afternoon; we had some neighbors over for dinner, but couldn't eat outside due to the pouring rain and strong winds.  Apparently there were four tornadoes east of Denver.  Today I had another granddaughter over to cut fabric for her first quilt(the pattern is a Snowball Quilt); she got 120 squares cut and we got the diagonal lines drawn.  Next week I'll have her over to help her start sewing them.  This next week or two is going to fly by.  I have lots on the agenda~lunch with a friend, helping another friend set up for our annual town garage sale,  lunch at the pool with the grands, I've got to get time in for the gym too.  We have a birthday party Friday evening, hubby leave Saturday and believe me I've got my calendar booked.  The puppies will go to their forever homes next week; it is bittersweet.
I wish you a productive and pleasant week.
Hugs,
Noreen

4 comments:

  1. You had a wonderful but busy weekend...whew! Mags and Gusser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice weekend with the grands...ours was quieter but we did spend time Monday with my sister and also Joel's book editor. So awful hot here...in high 90's which is rare for Iowa anytime....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was an awesome weekend.. All the grandbabies.. How wonderful for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair do is lovely Noreen. :):) I miss the days of grands wanting to spend the night. Hope you all made wonderful memories for years to come. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14