Friday, May 25, 2018

Summer in our Yard

Happy Friday!  Most of the day has flown by-first thing this morning I walked the 3 mile loop with my neighbor, then headed to coffee with my mini group, then met my girls and their kiddos at the park for lunch-where it was extremely hot.  I only stayed one hour, then stopped at Costco and finally came home.  I realized I had forgotten to get orange juice for tomorrow morning's breakfast for the 8 granddaughters, who will spend the night with us tonight so headed back to the grocery store to get it.  They provide dinner and movies, we provide the fun.  I love it that all the grands love sleepovers at our house, such a blessing to be close to them physically as well as emotionally and spiritually.
This week we got so much done in the yard-took out one huge tree stump from an Australian Pine and planted a weeping Crabapple that only gets 6' tall.  Then hubby transplanted some grasses and even out that side of the yard.  It is very hard to make out, but the Weeping Crabapple(also known as the Pink Princess Crabapple) fits perfectly in the corner and won't get any bigger.  We wanted to make sure we didn't obstruct our neighbor's view.  You can see the little grasses on each side of the tree.
 My Dwarf Korean Lilac finally opened her beautiful blooms.  We have another one too.
 This shot is hard to see as well-we have a new rain gauge and three Iris plants, as well as other perennials coming up.
 Our Peonies are ready to burst open; one thing I was always concerned about is the amount of Wasps we get with this plant, but a friend told me today it is because of the ant trails that they are drawn to the plant.  Once the flowers open up, they are gorgeous and the wasps will be gone.
 Here we have Purple Echinecia and Sunflowers as well as Snow in Summer-a perennial ground cover that we love.
So for now most of the yard is done, except getting a bit more mulch. Some branches need to be trimmed off of our Linden tree-but that will be easy. I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Thank you to all those who faithfully serve our country, past and present.
Joy to you!
Noreen

3 comments:

  1. Hello Noreen, you yard looks so lovely. How special to have those lovely peonies too, plus Lilac and iris. I just wish the blooms would last. Wishing you a lovely Memorial Day weekend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful yard. Mom loves the lilac so much.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a beautiful yard you have! And, it is so wonderful that you get to be with your dear grands. I can only imagine how loving and inviting you make your home, and it is no wonder they love coming there. They are abundantly blessed to have such loving, fun grandparents. Sending hugs to you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14