Thursday, April 19, 2018

Dog Pile

Happy Thursday to you! Yesterday afternoon hubby graciously took me over to get my puppy fix; Hunter benefited because he got to play with Lily. Copper is now getting up and taking a break outside, as time goes on I know she'll be doing that a lot. The puppies were one week old yesterday and have changed so much in that short time. I held each one, but there were a couple that really wanted to snuggle. Hunter actually got to smell one and see it up close; I know when the are big enough to play outside, he will be having fun with them.
I love how this little guy is snuggled between Copper's hind legs; the rest of the puppies were nursing.
After their meal.  Look at how the mint green boy is basically on top of one of the Parti puppies.
I guess this is where the phrase Dog Pile came from.


It is hard to leave; our grands are doing such a great job sitting with Copper 24x7.  That will change when their eyes open and they start to walk.  One granddaughter, Miss F, has the shift from 4:00 am-6:00 am and does her math during that time.  Carrie even takes a shift-from 2:00 am-4:00 am.  Some breeders don't stay with the mom and puppies the first two weeks, but this way they make sure Copper doesn't roll over on a puppy.  I noticed their hair was coming in wavy and can't wait to see the curls develop. If I remember correctly, Coppers fur was wavy when they got her and didn't come in curly til she was older.  Love these puppies; it's going to be hard to see them all leave.  It has been such a good experience for all the kiddos, especially Mr. B who wants to go into Veterinary medicine.
Hope you have a great day.  Don't forgot to say a prayer or many for the people in Kauai who've lost so much.  Seal Pal Val says that the storm last weekend stalled is weather forecasters were saying it could like dump as much rain on them again.
Hugs and blessings.
Noreen

3 comments:

  1. Debby, I feel exactly the same way each time I hold one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sweet visit Noreen. It's good to learn more about that rare cancer. Those puppies are so cute. I could spend all day holding them and smelling their little puppy breath.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14