Wednesday, April 18, 2018

A New Restaurant Find

Happy Wednesday to you.  Yesterday, as I mentioned, we took hubby's laptop in to the Apple store~it seemed it had died.  Still no word on whether they can fix it.  I will tell you that the wind was so bad going down, according to the news last night, at least 50 mph.  It was crazy.  We saw about 4-5 Semis on their sides, one of which was American Furniture Warehouse and the trailer was in half.  Simply crazy.  At one point the dust was so think that it reminded me of the sand storms in AZ.  It seems that Apple is going to try two parts to see if that will fix the problem and then if not, they'll send it to see if replacing the main board will help.  That term in probably dating me, but I mean the guts of the computer.
After leaving there, I didn't want to face rush hour traffic and decided we needed to have dinner first; we headed to Lafayette and went to The Post Brewery.  I was shocked and pleasantly surprised by the fact that they had gluten free fried chicken and most of the sides were also gluten free.  I haven't had a good fried chicken in over 9 years when I went gluten free.  We also had Cole Slaw and Mashed Potatoes with Gluten Free Gravy.  I typically just have salads when we go out to dinner and lived on wonderful salads in Kauai. 
Here is a description of the quality of chicken from their website:
"These birds are better than the rest. We took the time to do our homework, and use the best equipment around. It keeps our fried bird juicy while guaranteeing a crispy crust. A humanely raised, all-natural bird that has been brined for hours, taken a few laps in buttermilk and then dredged in seasoned gluten free flour. After that, it’s cooked to perfection. Fried chicken that is rested for a few minutes to let the flavors meld. Then seasoned again with our spicy goodness shaker. After all that love, care and attention to detail, our bird is simply mouth wateringly delicious.
Featured by Guy Fieri on Food Network’s Diners Drive-Ins & Dives, our bird is better than the rest—humanely raised, all natural chickens are brined for hours, dipped in buttermilk, seasoned with gluten-free flour, and then fried to crispy golden perfection, just like your mammy used to make".

Since our old town is the home town of Guy Fieri, we put a lot of faith in his reviews; we didn't know the restaurant was featured on Diners, Drive ins and Dives.  We split the 1/2 chicken and the two sides and it was more than enough.  While I won't indulge in this type of meal on a regular basis, other than the cole slaw, it's so refreshing to know I can eat a meal from my childhood and not have adverse reactions.
Today, I'm off to the gym and then planning on sewing.  I'm thankful that I didn't have to go to the courthouse and wait to see if I was called for jury duty.  It is a civic duty I don't mind filling, but just as happy not to have to battle the traffic to get up to our county justice center.  This afternoon I'm going to get to hold some puppies, so I'll take our camera and get some pictures.
I hope you have a joy filled day.
Noreen


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14