Monday, June 10, 2013

From My Library


Many of you may be acquainted with author Dee Henderson; if not, she is a fantastic writer. I started reading her books back when my girls were in their late teens; in fact, the first book I read was The Negotiator. This book was so timely in my life because I was working in a bank and I had read it right before the first time(not the last)that I was held up. Dee's books are intriguing and riveting; suspenseful and filled with faith. When I saw that she had a new book out, I jumped at the chance to review it for Bethany House. Jennifer is the story of one of the O'Malley clan; she was introduced in The Negotiator but wasn't the central character. The family is comprised of seven members who became family when they were in the same orphanage. The characters are deeply developed and rich; fiercely loyal and protective of each other. Jennifer is a pediatric doctor in Texas who is actively involved with her patients, even when it means heartbreak over loosing them to disease. She meets a surgeon who wins her heart slowly and patiently; their future looks bright.
 I found this book impossible to put down and with only 154 pages, it was a quick read. I will say that the only disappointment I had is that the story leads into the first series, The O'Malley's-specifically "The Negotiator". Unfortunately, I gave all my books by Dee Henderson to my daughter ten years ago and she has since sold them. I remember the story line a bit, from the first series so won't go and reread it. I will say that if you haven't read anything by Dee, by all means get this book and then go to your library and read the rest of her books, you won't be disappointed. I'm hoping that Dee's next book, due out in 10/13, will be just as good. I'm glad to see she is writing again. I would rate Jennifer a 9 on a scale of 1-10; a 9 simply because it was so short and I wished the story didn't end. Reading this was like seeing an old friend and then not having the time to catch up.
 I received this book from Bethany House and was asked to review this book. I did not receive any payment or compensation for my review. Summer is a great time for easy reading, so take a chance on this book.
Have a great day!
Noreen

5 comments:

  1. It has been a while since I read one from this author!! I loved them!! This will be one that I will try for sure!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good read!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recommendation! It sounds great!

    And how awful that you were ever held up, much less more than once! I can't even imagine that! How frightening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review!! Did you read to Hunter?

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley
    Ambassadors of Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never read one of her books. She sounds like a good author though. Too bad your daughter sold the books..but I just gave a bunch of my own to my daughter and she gave them away, too. Que sera sera....xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14