Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Another Great Book

Tracie Peterson has done an award winning job writing the second book in her Land of Shining Water series. Tracie is one of my all time favorite authors and this series is right up there on top, in my humble opinion.  With having a busy life, I love picking up books that whisk me away to another time and place.  The Quarryman's Bride is the story of an engaged couple, deeply in love, that face a family tragedy and the hardship ends their engagement.  The story is filled with authentic compromises that young woman would have faced during the late 1800's.  Tracie weaves scripture and biblical principles throughout her stories; another thing I love about her writing.  For so many of you, summer ushers in a very busy time; however if you find you might have a chance to pick up a book-say to read during sports activities or nap time, by all means find this new book.  I am so glad to know that book three will be released in August.  I always feel like I've spent time with a good friend when I read Tracie's books. I love her graphic descriptions of the land and its hardships, as well as its beauty.
I would like to thank Bethany House for the privilege of participating in their Book Review program.  I received this book, free of charge, for my honest review.

I'm off walking again this morning as well as a bike ride~we will ride at least 5 miles, unless I can talk Kam into more.  For many of you who happen to think I'm in such good shape or so dedicated, well thank you for the compliment.  However, I must say I am not in good shape, at all, and feel that I have to ride to try and get back into shape.  The older I get, the harder it is to stay in shape.
Blessings on your day today!
Noreen & a very tired Hunter

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cover. Golden Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your Wednesday. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS hard to stay in shape ... both the exercise and the eating properly (quantity especially ... I'm 5'2" and the number of calories to maintain my ideal weight is miniscule ... I've GOT to exercise to be able to eat enough! ha!).

    We were going to get out and work in the yard and in the garden (good exercise as well as productive work) today, but with the rain we got this morning, that won't be happening. Guess I'll go quilt instead. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like another good book recommendation...thank you...

    Staying in shape is harder as we age and I am finding if much of any food touches my lips, my hips think it's meant for them....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does sound like a great book. I wish I had more time to read! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Noreen... and thanks so much for your visit!... sounds like a great Summer read... and yay for you doing all your walking and bike riding!... hope you are enjoying a lovely Summer... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this book too. She is one of my favorite authors. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14