Friday, May 4, 2012

Happy Happy Day

Good Morning To You~Oh what a beautiful day it is!  I am beyond excited, I am over the moon excited!  Today is the day, hubby and I go on an adventure-driving to an area we haven't been to before to meet our, hopefully, new little furbaby.  I will say that the adoption is just about done, except for the meeting him and bringing him home.  There is always the possibility that something could change when we get there but what can I say, he already has our hearts.  When I began emailing the breeder, I had never bought a puppy this way and was really unsure.  Just this week, I've talked to at least three people, two of whom are very close friends, who did the exact same thing-with no negative issues involved.  Ever since our sweet Reggie started having seizures last July, I began to pray for our new puppy.  I , obsessive personality that I can have, began searching the Internet for the perfect breed for us.  It has been at least 25 yrs since we had a puppy, the last one was an Akita mix who was a very smart dog but needed to be on a working ranch.  We had him for 9 mos until the situation clearly showed that we were not his forever home.  When we adopt dogs, we adopt them for life but the one above was not meant for our family.  From that time on, we rescued adult dogs, all females except Reggie.  Loved each and every one of them-most were shepherd mixes, one border collie, medium size and they all lived into their teen years.  Sadie was our smallest amongst our rescues-she looked like a lab-corgi mix but had shepherd in her as well as basset or beagle, she would talk to us.  She was my heart dog and it was so hard when she got sick.  Today we begin a new story, with a new little guy.  We have some names floating around in our heads but won't choose one until we see him.
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for this new journey.  I'm praying he is perfectly healthy and settles in  nicely.  He couldn't have a better home!  I've already read several "how to" books on puppies and bought a Bichon magazine the other day.  Next I'll buy a book on the breed because from what I've been told, there are specific ways to handle them as far as training.
I will be posting pics this weekend......so hang onto your hat! Here we go.
Hugs, Noreen

10 comments:

  1. I am so incredibly happy for you! Can't think of words to express my delight at your joy. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh joy!!! I can't wait for you to meet him and then report back to us. Have a safe journey today. Wishing you lots of love!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh....fun!
    Praying that he will "settle in" quickly and you will get him "trained" into your home. 8~)
    Take care,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am soo happy for you Noreen. Your joy over this just over flows and it is soo nice to see. Melody adopted her dog this way, literally flew Baxter in from another state, and it all went beautifully. How she loves that little dog. And he does soo good with Sam now. He was Mike's wedding present to Mel. ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY....can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We guess it would be safe to say you are very EXCITED!!! Hope the visit goes so very well. Hope we can see an update later on. Lightning says it's a great day for a new arrival - it's his first birthday.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  6. We guess it would be safe to say you are very EXCITED!!! Hope the visit goes so very well. Hope we can see an update later on. Lightning says it's a great day for a new arrival - it's his first birthday.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well all I can say is WOOOOOO HOOOOO!
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too am so happy for you Noreen and I surely hope everything gos well!! Good luck!!
    God bless you and the Pup!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see your newest family member, Noreen!!!! I am as excited as you are! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Noreen, I am having fun reading about your research into what kind of dog to get. I did the same thing and ultimately decided upon a miniature schnauzer. I considered other small dogs and one of my other favorite breeds was/is a shih tzu. However, I found a true breeder - love of the breed, pride, searching for the best genetics for health, temperment, and beauty and felt that this would be my best chance to get a healthy dog with good temperment. I have been waiting a long time to get this puppy. We chose the breeder before any of his females were even pregnant. Joyfully, we plan to get our new puppy right after Christmas!
    You and I do have a lot in common. I'm glad I found your blog, Noreen.
    Christmas blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14