Thursday, October 19, 2017

Maine Maritime Museum

Can you believe it is already Thursday? Where do the days go? I can tell you exactly where mine have gone-two days to the gym, three days walking+today, quilting groups, blogging, reading, cooking, errands etc.
Onto our trip:  One of the highlights for the guys on our trip was going to the Maine Maritime Museum.  Hubby grew up sailing and loves anything to do with the water and Jim was in the Navy.  Both guys loved the exhibits and educational lectures.   The grounds house a historic Mill and Joiner Shoppe as well as the Donnell House, a Victorian home that the famous shipbuilding families lived in 1896.  I'll show that tomorrow.

 This is the largest historic schooner from 1909, Wyoming that is being restored.  It hauled coal, had six masts, each reaching 177 feet.  She sank in 1924 off of Massachusetts during a storm.
We spent about 3.5 hrs touring and enjoying the sites. We had a beautiful day and that made it wonderful.  Speaking of wonderful, we are enjoying warm days here in northern Colorado.
I hope you have a incredible Thursday.
Noreen

1 comment:

  1. This certainly looks like a guys haven for sure, I have several blogging friends who live in Maine, the thoughts and photos of that state, certainly draws one. It is very beautiful, but it does have a lot of snow. I am so glad the weather was great for your trip, and
    that you are enjoying nice weather at home.
    Please keep exercising, it is one of the main keys to health, I am now wishing I had kept walking my three miles a day, hoping to start real soon.
    Thank you for all your sweet thoughts on my blog.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14