Tuesday, October 2, 2018

St. Vrain Historical Society

Yesterday I had the privilege to go to Longmont's Historical Society to hear Jeananne Wright speak on a Century of Quilts. Jeananne is a quilt appraiser, antique quilt collector and gives wonderful lectures. She brought many antique quilts from her collection of 800. Where does one put that many quilts?! She covered the years between 1830-1930 and we were so lucky to see several Civil War Quilts. I didn't get photos of them, as I was sitting to far back. However, these are some of her beauties!  The next four were from the 1800's and I love the colors, especially this top one. Can you imagine cutting all those tiny squares by hand-oh my.
Two variations on a Log Cabin pattern.

This pattern is the Drunkards Path.
Love this rework.
The remaining quilts  are from the 1930's.  Love the color and appliqué on this one.


This green was a mixture of blue and orange, because the green that was prevalent in this time frame was not as pretty as this.  The Hexi's must have taken forever to make.


Believe it or not, this fabric all came from grain sacks.  Such vibrant colors.
She had many more quilts, but these are the ones that struck my fancy.  My mini group is looking into having her come and speak with us on another topic.
It was so fun and I'm glad to share these here.
Happy Tuesday!
Noreen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14