Friday, October 5, 2018

Happy Friday

Happy Friday to you! Oh what a day it's been and I'm so excited to share with you. This morning hubby and I went to an Estate Sale; he has been mentioning for quite awhile that he wanted to get me a small, antique Singer sewing machine. Each time I told him I did not need another machine for my sewing room; guess I should have clarified his comment more. So the Estate Sale had about 15-20 antique Singer machines-some treadles, some old but electric and some small machines. My girlfriend told me she thought they were children's machine; I went to the sale looking for Jim Shore figurines that I collect. Well I didn't get any, but came away with a Christmas Appliqué wall hanging. Hubby came up to me with these beauties and asked which one I liked-now I understood his previous statement. I told him and he said he hadn't decided yet which one to get. So I cruised through the rest of the rooms and we went to check out. He told me we were getting both and that they would look good on the shelf near my Mom's treadle. How could I argue? I am planning on researching these, because I don't believe they were children's machines; I can tell they date back many years. The one with the thread will work and I'm sure the other one will as well.
There are no model numbers on them, unlike my treadles so it makes it harder to know how old they are.   I do believe it would have been difficult to sew using the hand crank.  If you have any information about them, please share.



We had errands to run and I'm heading downstairs now.
I hope you have a great weekend.
Noreen

1 comment:

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14