Monday, October 15, 2018

Fresh Grounded Faith event

Happy Monday to you all. I was blessed to attend an event at Timberline Church called Fresh Grounded Faith on Friday night and Saturday. The main speaker was Jennifer Rothschild and I'll be honest, I hadn't heard of her before. What a wonderful event, filled with laughter, joy, nods of agreement and even some tears. Jennifer is a dynamic speaker. She found out she had an eye disease in her early teens and was totally blind by the time she was 15, but she didn't let that stop her from living life to the fullest. She is rich in her knowledge of God's Word and had nuggets of truth and wisdom for all of us. Next in line was my all time favorite author, Karen Kingsbury. I believe I've read all of her books (or at least most of them) and am proud to say I came home with her latest book-which hasn't even been released yet. Karen is a phenomenal story teller who had us laughing and crying. She is a riot and I loved every minute she shared.
Jennifer Rothschild
Karen Kingsbury
Our worship leader for the event was Michael O'Brien, who many years ago was the lead singer in Newsong.  My daughters, one son in law and my nephew went to one of his concerts when we lived in Santa Rosa.  He says he is nearing 60-haha-I just googled his age and he's 54.  He is a talented song writer, worship leader and also made us giggle. For those who watch America's Got Talent, you might remember his son Joseph O'Brien from last seasons episode; he was such a nice guy and I remember the judges asking about whether he had a girlfriend and he didn't.  Howie made a comment about he would after being on the show. 

Timberline Church did an excellent job hosting the event, along with a group of other churches.  The sanctuary was filled and there were other  vendors, including Chick- Fil- A who took orders for Breakfast on Saturday morning.  Compassion International was also there and had two guest speakers.  I can tell you the entire event was rich beyond words.
I especially enjoyed it because I got to spend some time with a friend that I don't see very often; I also saw another girlfriend whom I know from my church and we shared hugs.  She was there with friends from New Mexico and I know it was a great time for them.
This is the beginning of my busy season with making presents etc.  so my time here might be less than normal.
We got snow starting on Saturday night and woke up to several inches on the ground yesterday.  Hubby and I got out and shoveled our driveway and walkways as well as one neighbor's.  Today I'll hit the gym and then work in my sewing room.
Autumn Blessings,
Noreen

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful event that you were blessed to attend! I am so happy you were able to go and enjoy it so much. It is hard to believe that it is time for snow already! So happy to be able to visit with you to day, sweet friend. :) Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14