Monday, August 20, 2018

Cheyenne Heritage Quilters Show

Happy Monday to you; I hope you had a fantastic weekend! We did for sure~Friday night our three grandsons, ages 17,15 and 5, spent the night and what a fun time we all had. Saturday after they went home, hubby and I drove up to Cheyenne, Wyoming for a Heritage Quilt Show and it was so nice. Here are just a few of the many quilts they had displayed; they are ones that drew my eye for one reason or another.  The first one we loved because the Rockies were covered in an American Flag, plus the appliqué and quilting were fabulous.
Love the intricate appliqué on this one.
This tiny wall hanging was beautiful.
Absolutely loved this Autumn wall hanging.  I thought I was finished with Autumn projects, but if I could find this pattern and fabric, I would make it in a heart beat.
Loved this too and the panel was great, the addition of the appliquéd leaves on the top right made it pop.
A bit modern for me, but loved the colors.
Loved the colors on this one.
This looks easy despite the many squares set on point, but the focal pieces were just one fabric.

Thought this would be a cute wall hanging for Valentine's Day.
The rest of the day was spent on various chores as well as going to a neighbors for appetizers.
Sunday was spent at church and then digging holes for more Iris bulbs a close friend gifted me.
We have adobe soil, so digging holes for them is not the easiest, we have to add sand and bone meal....however, I love Iris's and can't wait until next spring.  Today one granddaughter will be coming over to help me with the garden; I need to dead head some roses and cut back our fading Echinacea plants.  We've already planted two large mums and I could definitely add more, but probably won't.
Hope you have a great day!
Noreen

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful trip, Noreen, all are beautiful I especially like the horse quilt hanging and the autumn with trees, such vibrant colors.
    Irises are beautiful, my grandmother loved them and planted many.
    Where did time go, I can hardly believe your grands are growing up so fast. Enjoy gardening with your granddaughter, memories for sure, I know, I treasure the memories I made with my grandmother, as those with our grandchildren. What is so wonderful as the years pass, they will recall such memories and then your heart will melt with joy.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! My favorite is that first one!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those quilts!! I can't imagine the hours of work they represent! Thank you so much for sharing the photos here ~ they made my day! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14