Thursday, August 2, 2018

A First Quilt

Happy Thursday to you all.  You all know that one of my passions is quilting and several granddaughters have decided to make their own quilts-which delights me no end.
This summer Carrie's 2nd daughter, Miss O, made the decision and I was so pleased.  She was one of the four granddaughters that I taught basic sewing to a number of years ago.  At the time, she was still pretty young, but cooking is her passion and I totally understood her not wanting to continue sewing-after all she was still pretty young.  We have gotten together several times, to get her started and do the first number of steps; I'd send her home and tell her she could finish up on her machine.  Monday afternoon she came over and we began sewing the snowballs together and she went home with three rows done.  I just got this a little bit ago....I'm so excited for her.  I love the colors and the fact that she arranged the blocks how she wanted them.  Next will come sandwiching them together and then machine quilting them.  All of the girls love my machine, do it the ease of threading and cutting.  Next year maybe she and her older sister will enter the quilts in our County Fair.  It's o.k. if they don't, I'm just pleased that they are wanting to make their own.
Joy to  you!
Noreen

6 comments:

  1. What a fun thing to do with your granddaughters! Even if they don't continue, and I hope they do, you will have made some very precious memories that will last a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely superb job, and why not, she has a great teacher.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is SO beautiful!! She did an amazing job, and you have surely taught her well, sweet friend! Sending love, hugs, and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so pretty! I have never attempted a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Noreen, what a joyous post!
    I love the colors and design of this quilt, just lovely.
    You must be over the moon with joy and excitement teaching your precious granddaughter.

    Have a beautiful week ❤

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14