Wednesday, February 7, 2018

If It's Not One Thing...

Good afternoon friends.  I hope your week has gone good and that you are finding some time to enjoy the little things in life.  Well a couple of weeks ago hubby discovered our freezer wasn't cold~so we did all the things that Samsung told us to do, you know unplug it and then plug it in again.  No luck: thankfully we have another side by side in the basement, so all our frozen food got stuffed into it.
Today hubby had a repair come out to take a look and we got bad news-the compressor is gone.  It would take as much to get  a new one as it would to get a new refrigerator.  He also told hubby that he does the most repairs on Samsung-good to know, but very disappointing.  So after lunch, we headed out to see what kind of deals there are out there.  Ugh.  WE did find out some info about GE-they have sold their appliances to a company in China.  So that ruled this brand out.  We have also heard horror stories from our neighbors about their Frigidair French Door freezer not cooling and have have had multiple service calls on it...hum, guess that one is out.  So we've narrowed it down to LG, either side by side or French Door or maybe if we can find a deal a KitchenAid.  Hopefully, tomorrow or on the weekend we will get out and look or wait until Presidents Day sales.  Our compressor is heating up, so we will need to get a new fridge pretty soon-don't want any fires.
So if it's not one thing, it's another; at least we got four years out of this current fridge.  I'm also looking at the smudge proof finish-I get tired of polishing the original stainless steel.
I may or may not be back here tomorrow.
Hugs and blessings.
Noreen

4 comments:

  1. Good grief! Your fridge is not very old....we have always had Sears appliances and so far so good..... Hope you get one that fits your needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying you find one soon at the right price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well... my comment just disappeared. ARGH!
    Anyway, we had an LG French door for a few years. I went to get something out and noticed an electric-y smell, and noticed some containers were hot! I looked up - and the plastic housing around the lightbulb had melted. The light wasn't going off when I shut the doors - an electrical wiring fault that a lot of LG fridges at the time had. I'm thankful I noticed before we had a major fire or some other problem. We have now had a KitchenAid since 2013 and I just love it.
    Good luck with whatever you choose!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  4. LG is a major foreign appliance competitor... Samsung is too. If you want to buy American, I'd stay away from those two. KitchenAid is the high-end appliance line made by Whirlpool. You really don't have to go that expensive to get a good refrigerator. Most people don't know that Maytag, Amana, Hotpoint, Jenn-Air, etc are all owned by Whirlpool Corp now. So by patronizing any one of those brands, you are patronizing appliance manufacturing in America. Good luck in your appliance search. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14