Tuesday, February 27, 2018

A Healthy Dinner

Happy Tuesday to you! Last fall I made this dinner, but have left out the sun-dried tomatoes. Sunday found me wondering what to make for dinner and I choose this. Thankfully I had all the ingredients and it was a huge success. Hubby and I loved it and even saved the left overs for dinner last night. I love that it is Paleo and healthier for us.  So if you are like me and often looking for new dishes, give this a try.
                                                    Paleo Mediterranean Chicken
Ingredients:
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
3 Roma tomatoes, diced
8 oz jar of artichoke hearts, liquid drained
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1/3 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
1 lb pre-cooked chicken
Fresh spinach
2-3 Tbsp olive oil(1-2 Tbsp to salute the veggies another Tbsp for cooking
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried oregano
Salt and pepper to taste

1.  In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp Olive Oil and salute the chopped onions for 5 minutes
2.  Add the minced garlic in with the onions and salute together 1 minute
3.  Add the sliced mushrooms to the onions and garlic and cook approx. 10 minutes until the mushrooms are golden.
4.  Add salt and pepper to taste while cooking
5.  Add 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil and 1 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar to the pan, then took in the Roma tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts and olives.
6.  Sprinkle in the parked, oregano and stir for a few minutes
7. Next add the chopped chicken and spinach to the pan-stir and cook 1-2 minutes or until chicken is heated through.
8.  Add more salt and pepper if needed.

Enjoy.
Noreen

3 comments:

  1. Oh now that looks good, thank you for sharing the recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy. Maybe we can get Mom to try it.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really does look amazing Noreen! I always enjoy finding new recipes that are keepers! I wonder how a bit of feta cheese sprinkled on top would taste? I love feta cheese :) Hope you are doing well dear friend, and we can keep looking forward to spring!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14