Monday, February 5, 2018

Happy Monday to you all.  I was planning on having photos to share here today with  you, but with all the excitement of the weekend I totally forgot to take photos of our dinner on Friday night.  I can tell you it was so delightful and worth every cent.  We started out the dinner with appetizers-my brother and I shared a dish of Beet Raviolis-but they weren't raviolis's they were cooked beets sliced very thin with goat cheese in the middle.  My hubby hates beets and he tried a bite and said it was good-mainly because of the goat cheese.  My sil and hubby share Paprika Prawns and loved them.  We then had a salad followed by the main course.  My sil, hubby and myself had Scallops that were cooked perfectly and my brother had salmon.  It was a great restaurant and the staff was so attentive.
We were driving home and I exclaimed-I forgot to take photos of the dishes.  Ugh.  This is such a fine dining experience that we will probably go back on a very special occasion, but it isn't someplace we'd normally go.
Saturday morning was relaxed, we hit the gym and had a great afternoon.  Our banquet was an incredible evening.  The room was decorated nicely for the 50th Anniversary and the dinner was delicious.  My brother and sister of my heart renewed their vows before dinner, then we had lots of family photos.  After dinner, unbeknownst to them, my hubby had made up a Newlywed Game.  He did such a good job on it and we even had gifts.  I never knew my hubby would be the perfect game host.   We had more toasts to the special couple and had wonderful desserts.  Yesterday mid day my brother and sil arrived; we had lunch and got snacks ready for Superbowl and we were able to take them to a local site that had several trees with Bald Eagles.  We counted a total of nine; we were advised to keep our distance and we didn't want to disturb these beauties.  As we were leaving though, what to my horror did I see but a woman with a camera right under the tree throwing rocks up to get the eagles to fly away.  I almost got out to tell you to stop, but hesitated. She then continued walking on.

The rest of the family came over to watch the Superbowl-what a good game. We were on pins and needles the entire time and we so thrilled at the ending. The girls & their families left and we had dinner and then watched the end of the game. It was such a fun time! Today was a quiet easy morning with them packing up; they fly out tomorrow but head down to the airport so they are there early and without worry of traffic. We love my brother and sister of my heart and are always sorry to see them go. We will be out in Ca. at the end of June for a week and will get to spend several days with them. They spoil us all so much.
 I hope you had a great weekend.
Hugs,
Noreen

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful weekend you had with family!!! That anniversary celebration must have been so beautiful. Mom loves beets - she says you should try the organic golden beets - so sweet and tasty.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it sounds like a wonderful, wonderful weekend and event! I can't get over that woman throwing rocks at the eagles! OH, my word, that is just so awful. I think you showed a lot more self restraint than I could have. May the Lord continue to bless you, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect weekend with beautiful memories made.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14