Monday, January 15, 2018

Snowy Day

Happy Winter Monday to you all, at least it's winter here in Colorado. We woke up to a snowy day and it makes me just want to stay inside and sew-which is what I plan to do. Hubby and I had planned on going to the gym, but after seeing the snow continue to fall, I told him our workout would be shoveling later on. We have an ordinance in town that states you don't have to clear the side walk until the snow stops falling, so that is what we'll do. Here are some pics of our back yard and the golf course.

We had a great weekend and so glad our trip to Kauai wasn't this week; after the false imminent missile attack on Saturday, I'll be happy to wait awhile. I'm still waiting to hear what happened. I'm a woman of faith, but let me tell you I would be pretty freaked if I was there and got the message-especially if hubby was off playing golf.  Hubby's sister was there and it was pretty much a panic time for most people.
The rest of our weekend was good~I'm trying to avoid all the flu bugs going around, so other than a couple of errands we pretty much just stayed in.  Kim and her hubby are going away next weekend to celebrate their anniversary and we will have her five, plus Petrol; the last thing I want to happen is for us to be sick. This week is pretty quiet, other than trying a new hair stylist at the salon down the street.  I'm going back to my haircut from a couple of years ago. It will be so nice not to get hammered by politics or religion; mind you I think everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, but don't try to shove your thoughts down my throat.  I was always so worried that if I said the wrong thing, I'd end up with a bad hair cut or color.  When you pay top dollar for your hair, you don't need attitude upon attitude to go with it.
I'll get off my soapbox now.  I hope you have a fantastic day!
Joy to you.
Noreen

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful snowy scene at your place this morning, Noreen. Thank you for sharing the beauty with the rest of us. Sewing and watching the snow fall.... sounds like a perfect way to spend the day to me. :) Much love, Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom wishes there was an ordinance like that here. Residents are not required to shovel but are asked to please clear the area around mailboxes and hydrants. Uncleared walks become icy and make it impossible for her to walk us.

    Stay healthy. Mom is doing the same worrying as she needs to be in good form to help out the family too.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we are having very different weather here! It has been in the 40's for over a week. This weekend it is supposed to be more seasonal though. To answer your question, mom and dad do a long run Friday (used to be Monday) and we used to do our 6 mile run on Wednesdays. But we changed routes so we had to change the day so that the garbage cans would be on the street the day we went running. Cuz otherwise our pawrents gotta carry lots of poops with them BOL!

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a prediction of 3" of snow tonight. Folks are just going crazy and the grocery stores are packed. It will likely be here tomorrow and gone tomorrow but it never happens here. I'm with you on the hair stylist, no room for politics and bad attitudes. Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I am so glad you found a new hairdresser...no, you surely don't need to have to have that fear and her views shoved down your throat. My goodness, that is just awful. Brr...seeing your snow makes me cold!! My, that must have been so scary to be over in Hawaii when that alarm went off. It sure pays to be ready to meet the Lord at all times. We never know when something like that could be for real. So nice visiting with you, sweet friend. May God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14