Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Happy Tuesday to you all.  We still have snow on the ground and its melting quickly, the temp started at 5 degrees this morning but is up to 25 degrees.  Hubby was off to the golf course to play on the simulator, which keeps him sane through the winter and I had planned to go to the gym first thing but decided to go this afternoon when it's warmer.  I headed downstairs and got one block done for a wall hanging, but in the midst of it my old hair stylist texted me and wanted to know why I'm leaving her.  I politely just told her I needed a change and then she responded that most people don't share why they are leaving and that she would really like to know.  She asked me to be open and honest.  As nicely as I could I told her that I respect each persons right to their beliefs politically and  religion, but as much as I'd try to change the subject she just kept on.  How do you tell your hair stylist to stop talking about things  you don't agree on and not worry about your hair cut.  I had told her before that I don't engage in such discussions etc.  I also told her I didn't want to hurt her feelings but just needed a change.  While we were texting I could feel my blood pressure going up.  I should have addressed the issues with her years ago, but I'm not a confrontational person at all which is why I didn't.  I wish her the best and am hopeful my new gal will be just as good.  I feel a relief that I was honest and open and maybe it will make her business better.  I hope I learn from this.
The sun coming in through the window feels so good.  After lunch, I will head to the gym since I didn't go yesterday.  Tomorrow I will also go and then try to get back on my M,W,F schedule.
I hope you have a great day today and stay warm!
Hugs,
Noreen

6 comments:

  1. Oh, my word, I am SO sorry you had to deal with this confrontation. I can only imagine how upsetting this was, and you absolutely did the right thing by speaking the truth in love and moving on and putting it all behind you. So thankful for you and your loving heart. Praying much for you and hope your weather warms up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! That would be really difficult for me. I hope your new stylist is wonderful -- it really does make such a difference.
    Stay warm!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is not easy to be honest and you are a strong person for being open and honest at a topic a lot of us would lie or look for excuses... good look with the new hair-artist ;O)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice stopping by to visit with you! The conversation with your stylist must have been so hard but it sounds like you did it well. Best wishes with your new person and for a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wondering how your stylist knew? When I have made a change, I just quit going to the old one and move on. (Never to another stylist in the same salon though).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Beth,I had been going to my stylist for over 5 years and would always book the next appointment. I called the salon when I knew she wouldn’t be there(I hate confrontations) and her new gal told her I left her a message-so she texted me. That started several texts going back and forth; I’m just thankful it’s over. Not sure if I’ll stay with the new gal, but it was good for now.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14