Monday, January 29, 2018

Remembering This Day

Good Morning to you! It's hard to believe we are at the end of January; this new month flew by! Today is a day I always try remember~you see 43 years ago today my mother graduated from this life to her eternal home at the age of 61(I was a young 22 yrs old). I know I've posted my parents wedding photo before, but dug out these photos to share today.  This first photo was taken at my brother's wedding.  When asked what I remember about my mom, this is how I remember her most.  I'm also noticing she didn't have wrinkles, even though we had a pool and were out in the sun a lot.  Must have been the Ponds she lathered on her face each night.  Those blue eyes were so beautiful.
This photo was taken of my parents in the Sierra's.  I think it was when my brother was selling land outside of Mariposa.
When I was 19 or 20,  my parents wanted to see the Grand Canyon, so we rented this van and I drove them there.  This was the first pair of jeans my mom ever owned.  Unfortunately, the trip was cut short when my dad had a heart attack on the first morning we were there-so we turned around and headed for home. I was so disappointed on so many levels and I think my mom was trying to make me laugh.
For my parents 25th wedding anniversary, my brother, sister and I got them a puppy.  She was a white German Shepherd-with some Golden Retriever mixed in.  My poor mom was still working and what a chore to get home from work and take care of a puppy.  I wasn't living at home at the time and my dad worked swing shift at a grocery store.
My parents were both very devout Catholics and my mom stayed close with this Sister, who taught her through high school.  Each summer, Sister Cleophas would come to visit.
Love the smiles on their faces.
I wasn't really close with my mom; I always felt bad that she had a baby late in life for the era, had to work full time and then come home and deal with me-I was such a handful.  I wish she had lived long to see me mature, get married and have babies.  I can't say this is a sad day for me, just one I remember vividly.  She was never in the best of health, but her passing came as such a surprise and a warning for me to take care of my health.
If you are blessed with having your mom still in your life, cherish it and give her some loving today.
I'm thankful I'll see my mom in glory.

Hugs,
Noreen

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my friend! I know how much this hurts! I lost my precious Mom almost 6 years ago, and oh, my, the pain of losing her still lingers so strong. Your Mom looked like a very sweet lady. I know you will always miss her and treasure her in your heart. God bless you as you miss her.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14