Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Escape Rooms

Hello friends, hello January 2018. Here at my home, all the decorations are put away and the outdoor lights are down and life is returning to normal. Our daughters are so extremely creative with their gifts; this year both girls decided to give their hubbies, my hubby and two grandsons a afternoon at an Escape Room. If you haven't heard of this latest game it is simply going to a business(similar to Laizer Tag) and you are put in several rooms with clues and tricks and you have to try to escape.  It is big here in Colorado and also in California.
From left to right-our oldest grandson J, my hubby, grandson B, sil Brent and sil Eric.  They had a wonderful time trying to figure out the escape route, but didn't-which was a big surprise to all of us girls, because there were several engineers in the group as well as two teens that we figured would have it figured out within minutes.  You have 1 hour to get out; the guys all loved it so much that they are planing to go back and try another room or two.  Even our two oldest granddaughters want to get in on it.
After they got back we had chili for dinner and then had a game night; we try to play Pictionary with everyone, breaking it into boys vs girls.  I don't draw but help the girls.  It was such fun.  On Saturday we went out to our favorite restaurant and then spend a quiet evening at home.  Yesterday was the same thing; today we got to the gym and now will just try and do some organizing in my quilt room.
Hope you all have a fantastic New Year's and that this year will be filled with blessings galore-hope, joy, laughter, love, patience, health and grace.
Until tomorrow~
Noreen

12 comments:

  1. Noreen, what a fun gift! I have heard of the rooms but didn't know they were big in CA. Would be such a cool gift for the grandson and his friends..Have a Happy and Healthy New Year.xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a lot of fun - I've never heard of it!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a gang of 12 in the Escape Room here, and they managed to get out with 8 minutes left. They all had a blast, even the 8 year old who figured out how to open one of the secret doors before anyone else. It was a huge hit here and will definitely be on the list for another family event.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! That sounds like a lot of fun! I have heard of a few from around here going to things like that, but nothing close to us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! What an interesting idea....the Escape Room. I expect our family would like that too. We went to church NYE morning and had a quiet night at home NYE, watching a pretty dark movie...New Years day we had friend for lunch and a good visit. Then we watched a movie we enjoy..."5 Flights Up" with Morgan Freeman and DIane Keaton. Slow, delightful, and about two people in the senior season of their lives. Hope your year is filled with lots of adventures with God!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Escape rooms. So much fun. Sounds like you guys had fun.
    Thank you for always being so sweet!
    Hugs.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Escape rooms. So much fun. Sounds like you guys had fun.
    Thank you for always being so sweet!
    Hugs.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New year! Wow I've never heard of that game but it does sound interesting and fun! I live in the Myrtle Beach area, I"m going to look around and see if they have one here.
    Robyn XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a lot of fun! I have heard about escape rooms in our area, but don't know much about them. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That does sound like fun.

    I need to get my decorations down yet. I always wait until after the 6th.

    Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this looks like so much fun! I had never heard of it, but so happy you all had a great time! God bless you, sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to go on the decorations, I'm just starting to take mine down. I think an escape room would be fun to do. Great gift!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14