Thursday, January 25, 2018

Fondu

Good Morning Sweet Friends,  I hope your week is going well!  If you are old enough, do you remember the Fondu craze of the early 70's?  Well, last night we had a very fun time going to a restaurant called The Melting Pot, I don't know if it is just in Colorado or not.  Our Realtor had a gift certificate for a party of 8 and he invited Kim and Eric, Dick and Kathy-Eric's parents and hubby and I to join his wife and himself.  Kim and I weren't too sure about it since we are both gluten free and dairy free(I am for the most part, but will occasionally indulge, while Kim is totally).  Our meal started off with a traditional Cheese fondu; one end of the table had a mixture of cheese and then our end of the table had an Alpine Cheese-I did try two pieces and it was so good.  Next for our entree everyone choose what they wanted.  Kim and I choose chicken, salmon and steak and it seemed everyone else had a mixture of seafood, veggies and meat.  The Piece de Resistance was dessert though~of my for any of you chocolate lovers out there....I choose the Dark Chocolate Raspberry and the other end of the table choose White Chocolate.  The waitress brought us fresh strawberries, pineapple, banana, marshmallows, brownies and a sponge cake(all gluten free).   The dark chocolate was heavenly!  I love white chocolate and tried it, but nothing could compare to the dark chocolate.
It was such a fun evening and so generous of our host; I was concerned that he was going to tell us he was moving out of state or something, but he just wanted to catch up with all of us.
Yesterday as I was getting my knee length parka on, the zipper would not work-oh my.  I had washed it and somehow the metal must have moved out of place-it will zip but it won't stay.  So we are off to Costco this morning to look at their jackets/parkas.  I had planned to drive down to one of my favorite quilting stores that is going out of business, but a jacket is more important than more fabric.
Tomorrow is my sew day with my mini quilt group and I'll be sewing all day, so can't make it down and Saturday the family is going to see Paddington at the movies-so once again, I can't make it.  I guess I really don't need the sale fabric after all.  They are only open for three days this week and three next week-oh well.
Hope you have a blessed Thursday.
Noreen

4 comments:

  1. Mom says they don't make zippers like they used to:( Hope you have good luck finding a new jacket.

    When Mom and Dad lived in Massachusetts, every New Year's Eve they would get together with another couple and have a fondue with shrimp and steak. And then play Scrabble. They have fond memories of some great fun together.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe by waiting until next week, you will find the best deals, Noreen, ~wink~ Your evening at the Melting Pot sounds perfect, especially the fruit with dark chocolate, which happens to be a fav. of mine too, not to forget the fellowship!
    Sorry about your jacket, hope you find a new one.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noreen, what a fun evening. We have been to Melting Pot once and we loved it. There isn’t one located in our city, the nearest one is 60 miles away. But the dessert was definitely my favorite! Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ut oh . . . started salivating!!

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14