Thursday, January 4, 2018

Miscellaneous Thursday

Happy Thursday to you! I know that northern California is getting rain, which makes everyone happy; here in Colorado we are having sunshine and warmer days, with a slight wind that is blowing our snow away. Snow is forecast for the weekend and the mountains need it desperately, but I'd be happy with just a dusting.  It would seem I'm at a loss for anything to share here, so decided to pull some pics of people, places and things I love.  First and most importantly is our family.  Photo from last year, up in Estes.  We always have a ball when we are together; I'm so thankful that the Lord planted us all in the same town!  Can't imagine not living within 10 minutes of each other; I know many of you do and my hat is off to you.  I'd be cranking up the airline miles if we weren't so close.
Above and below-Carmel Valley.  Having grown up living within 2 miles of this area imbedded it in my mind as one of my favorite places to go.  It helps that we've got lifelong friends who live in the mountains above the valley...it is always my get away spot.
Next of course would be Kauai~we love going there and if hubby had his way, we'd live there.  I enjoy spending two weeks every couple of years there.  It has gotten so crowded that it makes me wonder if we'll have to go to another island to get away from the traffic.  WE will be there this spring.
The Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs-a must do on our list for the future, maybe this spring to walk around the gardens.  

Oh be still my heart-Maine will always hold a special place in our hearts.  We first ventured there 14 yrs ago for our 25th Anniversary and then last fall went back with our best friends, Jim and Barbara.  Hubby and I are hoping to get back again sometime, maybe even visit Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket Island.
A wallhanging made by the instructor of a quilt class I took with Barbara is Sisters, Oregon two years ago.  You've seen my red and white one that I hang for Christmas, but I love this color and may make a blue and white one.  You can't see the quilting on it, but it is wonderful.
I am still working on one quilt I made at a class in Sisters; I've decided that I'm putting to much quilting on it, but it's too late to change.  This is a goal I've got for 2018-finish it.  Some of my quilt goals are to complete my Autumn/Pumpkin quilt I made after our trip in the fall.  I just have to back it and then quilt it.  I am also going to participate in a Quilt Challenge with my mini group-we will be exchanging 5" charm squares and then have to make a lap quilt or bigger within the year.  I will get the instructions on the 12th and then we will do the exchange at the February meeting.  I'm excited.  I also want to work on my improving my skills-bindings and machine quilting-which I'm really a beginner at.
Today my girlfriend and I are going to see the movie The Greatest Showman as our Christmas activity.  We've both gotten to where we don't necessarily need to exchange gifts, but would rather spend time together.  She is thinking they will be selling there home in the spring and buying a new home here in our town-so she doesn't want a lot to pack-haha Kam! She's got several businesses going and will have lots of inventory to move.
I hope you have a fantastic day!
Joy to you.
Noreen


5 comments:

  1. Those are some beautiful special times. Mom has fond memories of her time at Broadmoor several years ago. It is a beautiful place.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos of all the nice places that you get to. Love the colors in the quilt, too. Hope you get yours finished this year! Love the idea of spending time with someone instead of a gift exchange. Will put that in a folder of cool ideas to do. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year!!
    May this New Year be special in every way ... bringing you the gift of love and excitement.
    I will introduce Japanese New Year's customs.
    In Japan, there is a New Year holiday where family and relatives get together.
    On New Year, Japanese children receive gifts of money known as "Otoshidama".
    Otoshidama is given to children by adult relatives such as uncles, aunts and grandparents.
    The amount of Otoshidama grows as the child older, for example, 1000 yen for children under 10, and 3000 yen for children over 10.
    Otoshidama is one of the exciting traditions of New Year, which children look forward to very much.
    Ryoma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You highlighted some lovely places that we've never been to see!

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pics, Noreen! We loved Carmel, too. Made several vacations there when we lived in San Diego. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14