Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Smith Rock State Park

Happy Wednesday to you. Today I'm meeting a friend so that we can walk and catch up. On the last day of our stay in Redmond, Oregon we ventured to a State Park called Smith Rock. It was beautiful! Besides having a lovely hike, we spotted some climbers. Of course, I was drawn to them immediately.



Forgive the size of the next three photos, but I wanted you to see what we saw.  This is a new addition to rock climbing(or at least new to me)called Slack lining.  It reminded me of a high wire act or tight rope act at a circus.  It was fascinating to watch.
The person fell, but thankfully was harnessed in.
Then he/she had to work to get back up on the line.  We watched for a half an hour-riveting.



This was such a wonderful place to hike. I could have spent all day there.  I loved the blue sky and clouds in the last photo.
A girlfriend's son has a slack line rigged up at her house.  I'd be interested in it if I was younger.
I hope you have a day filled with joy!
Noreen

4 comments:

  1. Harnessed in or not, there's not enough money on this planet to get me up there on a line like that! It would be compelling to watch, though, wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful I bet there's a lot of wildlife there. Yikes!! BOL
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noreen, What a beautiful sight. But honestly I would never want to do the slag line thing. Too scary. Although I had always wanted to sky dive , while I was young. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those rock formations are amazing. I would love to see them someday!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14